CE's for the weekend of 2.26

what the heck does "stability" mean?

like when you are on a sports channel and want to do anything it doesnt take as long?
I've noticed that....if I'm on MLB Net and I hit guide or another channel it takes too long to "think"

what the heck does "stability" mean?

like when you are on a sports channel and want to do anything it doesnt take as long?
I've noticed that....if I'm on MLB Net and I hit guide or another channel it takes too long to "think"
The interactive channels, such as the sports channels, do take longer to respond because they have more things running in the background (the score guide in the case of the sports channels). Try hitting exit when the message comes up to hit the red button and that usually stops the guide from running in the background. Your DVR should respond a little quicker.

I see the red button in the corner disappear after a bit but hitting exit shuts it off (until I change the channel)?

and why does it show up on 101 too? That isnt a sports channel ;)

I see the red button in the corner disappear after a bit but hitting exit shuts it off (until I change the channel)?
You can ignore it and it will go away, but it will always be running in the background this way you can hit the red button anytime. If you hit the exit button it will stop it all together and you cannot bring it up until you tune back to that channel or another sports channel.
I never knew that. I don't go to 101 very often

I never knew that. I don't go to 101 very often

It showed up last night when I was watching the trailer park boys :)

edit: just took a pic

Attachments

• PICT0090.JPG
    PICT0090.JPG
    541 KB · Views: 158
This is common, Not just on an interactive channel either. This is the Gripe I have with them.
If you want to change a channel or go into the menu, It seems to always forget what to do for a time.
These CE's have been working on these issues for 2 years. Enough said.
Well I can tell you for sure that this CE didn't do anything in the way of improvement this time around on the R16-300.

Hemi
most other channels work fine when I press the guide or another channel. Its when I'm on a sports channel that it seems to lag

Jimbo
I did not try the red button on 101. I assume it works the same way as on a sports channel ;)

I've noticed it for awhile also... on last weeks CE for my HR20 - 700... caps just taken.

Attachments

• scoreguide.jpg
    scoreguide.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 161
  • scoreguide 2.jpg
    scoreguide 2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 159
  • scoreguide 3.jpg
    scoreguide 3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 163
They put score guide on the 101 because of the dan patrick show in the morning, a sport show.

I don't think they do the effort to turn it on/off program specific.
Example, the Olympic interactive runs on 355/356 even when they aren't doing olympic programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts