CE's for the Weekend of 7.27

Care to explain? Which box?
He is talking after we did the CE it shows your Local channels like 2-1,4-1 etc in black highlighted but you can't get them but by going to Menu.Settings and Help then Settings then down to where it says Satellite & Antenna and it has Antenna Setup and you can setup you those channels but you could set it up when the CE ended and before the channels came back up it showed up after my CE on my HR24-200 but not my HR34 :( I don't know if you can get the OTA Channels with any other box besides the AM21 Off Air Tuner :)

Last edited:
How do you get those channels though? Where do you connect an ota antenna?

How do you get those channels though? Where do you connect an ota antenna?

It came up after last night's CE on my HR24-200 and we had to go through the steps to add the channels but I don't know if any other receivers and which ones got this.I bet you will need an AM21 Off Air Tuner to get the channels I don't have an AM21 but I plan on getting one but the channels 2-1.4-1 etc. show on the receiver and don't know if any other OTA box would work :)

Last edited:
I hope this will allow for scanning of ota channels, or at least adding all local subchannels.

I hope this will allow for scanning of ota channels, or at least adding all local subchannels.

Me also alot but I bet we need an AM21 Off Air Tuner to get the channels but that would be great if we wouldn't need an AM21 or any other Converter Box and don't know if any other OTA box would work :)

if you have a HR34 and a AM21 it will "scan" the stations not in the database...shows regular programming as the guide but at least you can watch them and set manual timers

Anyone else get the Off-Air OTA tuner? Very cool

what do you mean? Like the locals for your market shows in the guide even though you dont have a AM21?

If so that is a glitch that has shown up before. Before I had a AM21 when I did searches it would show OTA stations in the searches and even in the guide.

what do you mean? Like the locals for your market shows in the guide even though you dont have a AM21?

If so that is a glitch that has shown up before. Before I had a AM21 when I did searches it would show OTA stations in the searches and even in the guide.

Raoul is talking after we did the CE it shows your Local channels like 2-1,4-1 etc in black highlighted but you can't get them but by going to Menu.Settings and Help then Settings then down to where it says Satellite & Antenna and it has Antenna Setup and you can setup you those channels but you could set it up when the CE ended and before the channels came back up it showed up after my CE on my HR24-200 but not my HR34.I don't know if you can get the OTA Channels with any other box besides the AM21 Off Air Tuner :)

I don't know if you can get the OTA Channels with any other box besides the AM21 Off Air Tuner
you can't unless you have the AM21.
There is no antenna input on the Directv receivers for OTA except on the old HR20's

you can't unless you have the AM21.
There is no antenna input on the Directv receivers for OTA except on the old HR20's

ty ice appreciate it and I wasn't sure and figured you would know :) I plan on getting an AM21 soon but have other things going on I have to take care of first :)

btw here is the st. louis channels in the database
KTVIDT 2.1
KMOVDT 4.1
KMOVDT2 4.2
KSDKDT 5.1
KSDKDT2 5.2
KETCDT 9.1
KETCDT2 9.2
KETCDT3 9.3
KETCDT4 9.4
KPLRDT 11.1
KPLRDT2 11.2
WPXSDT 13.1
WPXSDT2 13.2
KNLCDT 24.1
KNLCDT2 24.2
KDNLDT 30.1
WRBUDT 46.1

the rest would need to be scanned in with the hr34 which it does automatically...which are
2-2 Antenna TV
4-2 LiveWell
30-2 CoolTV
30-3 Country
46-2 MeTV

Yes ice and ty :) I get those if I switch to just regular tv but when I downloaded last night's CE as a few others did you could set it up when the CE ended and before the channels came back up it showed up after my CE on my HR24-200 it showed we had to setup our Local channels and we got channels 2-1,4-1,4-2,5-1,5-2 9-1,9-2,9-3,9-4,11-1,11-2,13-1,13-2,24-1,24-2,30-1 and 46-1 in black highlighted the others haven't showed up yet that you mentioned above but by going to Menu.Settings and Help then Settings then down to where it says Satellite & Antenna and it has Antenna Setup and you can setup you those channels otherwise and edit them but you could set it up when the CE ended and before the channels came back up it showed up after my CE on my HR24-200

Last edited:
Yes ice and ty :) I get those if I switch to just regular tv but when I downloaded last night's CE as a few others did you could set it up when the CE ended and before the channels came back up it showed up after my CE on my HR24-200 it showed we had to setup our Local channels and we got channels 2-1,4-1,4-2,5-1,5-2 9-1,9-2,9-3,9-4,11-1,11-2,13-1,13-2,24-1,24-2,30-1 and 46-1 in black highlighted the others haven't showed up yet that you mentioned above but by going to Menu.Settings and Help then Settings then down to where it says Satellite & Antenna and it has Antenna Setup and you can setup you those channels otherwise and edit them but you could set it up when the CE ended and before the channels came back up it showed up after my CE on my HR24-200

Darn it, yeah, I scanned and saw them in the guide. Assumed they would work, had not gotten a chance to check. When I select a channel that was added to the list via OTA, I get a black screen with a message that says "Tuner, Off-Air 2, has been removed." :(

Has anyone with an AM21 downloaded the new software? Does it integrate all of the ota channels into the guide, and are they accessible?

Downloaded the new CE to my HR-22 receiver last night. Woke up this morning and now I'm getting 764 error wrong access card inserted. I tried to download the national release and still getting the same error

Downloaded the new CE to my HR-22 receiver last night. Woke up this morning and now I'm getting 764 error wrong access card inserted. I tried to download the national release and still getting the same error

Have you done a reboot? Do it through the menu.

Yea and a red button reset. I was able to finally force the national release to download. Still getting the 764 errorr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)