CE's for the Weekend of 8.10

So far so good on tonight's CE and seems to solve the problems of last weeks CE to me :)

After downloading the CE it changed into the normal "Running receiver self-check..." blue screen.. then across the top it reads Scanning disk..., followed by a long black bar with 0% in the center of it. Below that it said 137 errors found, then # corrected. After about 2-3 minutes all 137 errors were corrected and the screen moved to the Step 1 of 2 screen like normal.

I had been having lots of pauses within recordings and live tv lately and suspected hard drive failure, so maybe this fixes it? Hope so.. While I was typing this I just added my off-air zip code.. if this is what it sounds like, I'm very excited to not have to buy a AM21.

Sorry if any of the Scanning Disk stuff is similar to recent CE's. I've been away for a while.

After downloading the CE it changed into the normal "Running receiver self-check..." blue screen.. then across the top it reads Scanning disk..., followed by a long black bar with 0% in the center of it. Below that it said 137 errors found, then # corrected. After about 2-3 minutes all 137 errors were corrected and the screen moved to the Step 1 of 2 screen like normal.

I had been having lots of pauses within recordings and live tv lately and suspected hard drive failure, so maybe this fixes it? Hope so.. While I was typing this I just added my off-air zip code.. if this is what it sounds like, I'm very excited to not have to buy a AM21.

Sorry if any of the Scanning Disk stuff is similar to recent CE's. I've been away for a while.

Sorry, doesn't mean you don't need a am21 to get your OTA locals, nice thought though ....

Sorry if I'm repeating myself from another thread,but.....
Opinion of initial set-up of off-air antenna. On settings between Power Saving & Whole-Home is Sat &(as in "AND") Antenna. Even though I don't have an off-air antenna or an AM21,for grins & giggles I decided to do initial installation of Antenna set up. So I did it & checked to make sure I was getting all the stations that I was supposed to "if I had an off-air antenna." Everything was okay so I hit done & on both my H25 & H24 I was greeted to a black screen. It didn't matter what channel I tuned to,it was all black. In a panic,I thought that I broke something,but it all came back....on my H25 anyway,I'm still waiting on my H24 to come back up. I had no problems with my HR24 coming back after initial off-air antenna set up. In fact it came back up immediately.

P.S. off air channels are showing up on my guide,even if I don't have an antenna to watch them.

Sorry, doesn't mean you don't need a am21 to get your OTA locals, nice thought though ....

Yeah, I just went thru last weeks CE release and saw the similarity. Maybe it's all a ruse to sell more AM21's. :p In that case, be sure to drink your ovaltine!

After all the restart noise, I had the receiver on 1 channel for about 10 minutes. On my first attempt to change channels or see the DVR list, everything locked up and did a reset. And ugh.. another Scanning disk screen. Has anyone had this screen also? 139 errors found... eventually 139 errors corrected.

Or is this just the new normal "Running receiver self-check.." screen? So now i get to wonder why I have 139 errors.

If you got your OTA Channels from a CE on your HR2x and other besides HR34 you need an AM21 still otherwise when you switch to those station says 2 tuner is missing :)

Okay,after a hard reset my H24 started showing channels again & off air stations are showing up in guide. My HR23 came up immediately after doing initial off-air set-up with off air stations showing up in guide. I haven't downloaded the new CE to my HR22 yet,but OTA antenna set up is already in settings section if you already have last week's CE. Initial thoughts,my HD receivers(H24-700 & H25-500) had a hard time coming back to being able to watch TV after doing OTA set-up(I had to hard reset my H24),but my HD DVR's(HR23-700 & HR24-500) had no problem whatsoever coming back. Now I just need an outdoor OTA antenna & some AM21's & I should be good to go watching off-air TV. I'll come back with a report on my HR22-100 after I see if it'll continue the streak I'm having with my HD DVR's.

After all the restart noise, I had the receiver on 1 channel for about 10 minutes. On my first attempt to change channels or see the DVR list, everything locked up and did a reset. And ugh.. another Scanning disk screen. Has anyone had this screen also? 139 errors found... eventually 139 errors corrected.

Or is this just the new normal "Running receiver self-check.." screen? So now i get to wonder why I have 139 errors.

I wonder if you have a HD going out .... the scanning is not normal, not a bad thing, just not normal.
Are you using the Internal HD or and EHD ?

Well I downloaded this weeks CE on my HR22 & went ahead & set-up the OTA antenna because it prompted me to do so. Just like my other 2 DVR's,the picture came back immediately after set-up. I don't know why my H24 & H25 gave me such a hard time setting up for OTA antenna reception,especially since those will be the very receivers I plan to use to hook an AM21 up to(one for each receiver).

Okay,after a hard reset my H24 started showing channels again & off air stations are showing up in guide. My HR23 came up immediately after doing initial off-air set-up with off air stations showing up in guide. I haven't downloaded the new CE to my HR22 yet,but OTA antenna set up is already in settings section if you already have last week's CE. Initial thoughts,my HD receivers(H24-700 & H25-500) had a hard time coming back to being able to watch TV after doing OTA set-up(I had to hard reset my H24),but my HD DVR's(HR23-700 & HR24-500) had no problem whatsoever coming back. Now I just need an outdoor OTA antenna & some AM21's & I should be good to go watching off-air TV. I'll come back with a report on my HR22-100 after I see if it'll continue the streak I'm having with my HD DVR's.

The thing is, you were already set for ota reception by adding an AM21, so what is this CE supposed to add to the equation? I'm hoping it's the ability to scan for channels, or at least add all local subchannels to the database the AM21 culls from.

After download, my HR24-200 is near unwatchable when watching recorded programs. Pauses about every 10 to 15 seconds or so. I think they messed with the Hard Drive controls internally or cache size or something. I was seeing issues with last weeks CE to, so much so, I had to go back to NR because by MRV would not work. Now, even on the HR with the new CE, playback stutters. If this continues, I am going back to NR, something is loused up.

The thing is, you were already set for ota reception by adding an AM21, so what is this CE supposed to add to the equation? I'm hoping it's the ability to scan for channels, or at least add all local subchannels to the database the AM21 culls from.

the problem is the last 2 CE's have done that even though folks didnt have a AM21. It loaded the locals.

the problem is the last 2 CE's have done that even though folks didnt have a AM21. It loaded the locals.

That's correct,my OTA locals are loaded on my DVR's & receivers,& now all I need is an AM21 & OTA antenna to actually watch them. I don't see the "harm" in setting your receivers & DVR's in advance to load your OTA locals,EXCEPT the problem my H24 & H25 had in getting their picture back(again,I had to hard reset my H24 in order to get the picture back,i only had to hit the power button off & on for picture to come back to my H25).

If I sent a report on both my H24 & H25,would it show the problem I had setting up the OTA antenna on both,even though the picture is back on both of them or have I missed the "golden hour"?

If I sent a report on both my H24 & H25,would it show the problem I had setting up the OTA antenna on both,even though the picture is back on both of them or have I missed the "golden hour"?

I believe you can sends the report at anytime ....
The thing is, they want you to post the problem and report # in the thread so they can see it.

After download, my HR24-200 is near unwatchable when watching recorded programs. Pauses about every 10 to 15 seconds or so. I think they messed with the Hard Drive controls internally or cache size or something. I was seeing issues with last weeks CE to, so much so, I had to go back to NR because by MRV would not work. Now, even on the HR with the new CE, playback stutters. If this continues, I am going back to NR, something is loused up.

I would do a Reset and see what happens before I would go back to the NR, at least first, to see if that fixes your issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)