CE's for the Weekend of 8.15

Looks like another release with broken audio (for genie). Is there any upside to these recent releases, or are we strictly beta testing these? I don't mind doing ce releases, but it kind of surprises me that d* would release something with such a glaring flaw...

Looks like another release with broken audio (for genie). Is there any upside to these recent releases, or are we strictly beta testing these? I don't mind doing ce releases, but it kind of surprises me that d* would release something with such a glaring flaw...
How do you know this CE for the Genie is bad when it hasn't actually come out at the time of your post ?

Never mind ...

I can't believe that D* would release a software that they KNOW already has issues.

The purpose of the CE's IS BETA TESTING.

The purpose of the CE's IS BETA TESTING.
Yeah, but who's going to knowingly test something that breaks their dvr's sound without some marked improvement in another area or some awesome new feature? Not I.

Yeah, but who's going to knowingly test something that breaks their dvr's sound without some marked improvement in another area or some awesome new feature? Not I.
I remember one CE where all of my receivers/DVR's ended up not being able to see each other. I just ran a report under misc. options(& put the report number in the appropriate thread),reverted back to NR,& D/L'd the new CE the next week without any problems.. If I remember correctly,that CE for the HR44's that caused problems with the sound was considered "High Risk." If that CE messed up your sound,you should have ran a report,put the report number in the appropriate thread,revert back to NR,& the CE people could see what the problem was to hopefully correct it in time for the next CE.

Reactions: Jimbo and dfergie
the CE IS Beta .... it's not suppose to be just for getting new features first, it's to try the new software and report it so they have a larger database which to work with , then when things work correctly they release it to everyone else.

Therefore there will be issues from time to time.

Btw, what is the CE version for this weekends recvrs ?

Reactions: whitewolf8214
the CE IS Beta .... it's not suppose to be just for getting new features first, it's to try the new software and report it so they have a larger database which to work with , then when things work correctly they release it to everyone else.

Therefore there will be issues from time to time.

Btw, what is the CE version for this weekends recvrs ?
Version for HR34/HR44 Genie is 091A and Version for Hx2x is 0905/4905!! :)

Version for HR34/HR44 Genie is 091A and Version for Hx2x is 0905/4905!! :)
Ok, this is not the same as last weeks for the Genie, last week was 913 I think, I'm gonna try it.

As long as I don't lose my To Do list, I'll be OK, I'm caught up on Recordings now.

If the software doesn't work, I can d/l the old NR in the morning.

Ok, this is not the same as last weeks for the Genie, last week was 913 I think, I'm gonna try it.

As long as I don't lose my To Do list, I'll be OK, I'm caught up on Recordings now.

If the software doesn't work, I can d/l the old NR in the morning.
So far everything is working fine for me on both the Genie and HR24!! :)

OK, on my Genie HR44, as expected I lost Audio after changing channels a few times, just like last weeks software.

Report code is as follows:
20140816-NQ7K

OK, on my Genie HR44, as expected I lost Audio after changing channels a few times, just like last weeks software.

Report code is as follows:
20140816-NQ7K
It would be nice if they would update thier software to correct this issue with a d/l during the week, however, seeing it's only happening to those that d/l this particular software, they probably are not gonna worry about it .... if it was a NR that did this, I'm sure they would send new software to everyone ...

It would be nice if they would update thier software to correct this issue with a d/l during the week, however, seeing it's only happening to those that d/l this particular software, they probably are not gonna worry about it .... if it was a NR that did this, I'm sure they would send new software to everyone ...

Fwiw, the picture is still fine ...
Recordings are still there and my To Do list is still there as well,(I lost my To Do list a few weeks back when this happened.) so I will go back to the NR in the AM.

One other thing I find Odd about this is, when I lose the audio, WHY do I lose it on the Locals as well, I can understand losing the D* supplied Locals audio, but when I go to the OTA channels going thru the box I still lose the audio.
I guess it must be something to do with the audio board in these units.

Fortunately, I have the OTA hooked directly to the TV as well, this way I can still watch my locals without the D* box when something like this happens.

Can't watch any Sat channels though, so fortunately the software is at the end of the night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)