CE's for the Weekend of 9.30

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
acquiring additional software on the HR24 ....

Don, at first when I saw this post, I thought this may have been your first time getting the new gui on the machine, but now mine is taking additional software as well and I've had the new gui, wonder what thats all about and what new stuff we got ? :)

I got a note on the HR20-700 about a new HD gui and faster speed, did it go NR ?

My H21 downloaded quick. I'll do the HR20 tomorrow as I am recording shows on it tonight

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Well, like you mentioned before, your HR20-700 is snappy, well, mine is to now :)

This is a HUGE improvement for the old lady !

Downloaded on my HR24, love the new GUI. Downloading on my HR20 now....hope i get snappy results like you Jimbo!

Looks good on the Hr20 and the HR21......H20 is next.......

Last edited:
Two things on my H24/700...

First, 0561 seems to have broken MRV for me (DECA). It is not seeing either HR24 (one has 0561, the other still has 0559) even though the HR24's can see each other and my H21 (national) can see both). Repeated network setup (even though they retained their static IPs), rebooted, test runs OK, still nothing. Whole Home shows as authorized, but no networked DVRs found.

Second, (probably related to the first) the List button now brings up the "To Do" menu instead of the list. To see the (empty) list, I have to go Menu > Recordings > Playlist, and that's really annoying. The List button on the HR24 still works normally. I hope it's just due to the fact that it doesn't see the DVRs. They still haven't fixed the booboo they created where the Yellow button no longer brings you right to the Subtitle/Closed Caption menu. This annoyance made it into the latest National release and it stinks.

CE Report: 20110930-3C7E

Anyone else with this?

Well, spoke too soon. A second reboot seems to have fixed both issues. Odd.

Still having the trick play issues on MRV (aspect flicking/changing during skip/rew/ff) on the H24, but on both HR24s they have been resolved on Live TV and recordings.

Last edited:
this looks like the last beta for the hd gui bc it listed a part to their website but it cant be found

Would be cool to add channel icons beside each channel number on the left in the hd guide.
Just a suggestion Directv.:)

wildbill129 said:
Downloaded on my HR24, love the new GUI. Downloading on my HR20 now....hope i get snappy results like you Jimbo!

Looks good on the Hr20 and the HR21......H20 is next.......

I think Don mentioned how much faster tghe HR20 was after last weeks CE, but mine still lagged badly....

So.... if yours doesn't pick up after the CE, don't worry, it may after Next weeks !

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

tigerfan33 said:
Would be cool to add channel icons beside each channel number on the left in the hd guide.
Just a suggestion Directv.:)

That would make them awful tiny, wouldn't it ?

I think Don mentioned how much faster tghe HR20 was after last weeks CE, but mine still lagged badly....

So.... if yours doesn't pick up after the CE, don't worry, it may after Next weeks !

Immediately after each week's download my HR20 runs faster than before the download. I noticed that as time goes on it slowly starts to slow down again.

Got the same on the HR20 - 700 (exact same as the HR24) this leads me to believe that they are preparing it for a NR, still tweaking but for my receivers (course I still use my Dish setup more) it works just fine...

The last CE has been so nice and so fast and looks so good I am skipping this week to see what all shakes out.

Actually my HR20 wouldn't take last weeks, I was on the 15ths software ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)