Ch 250 is that in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is that Reality TV? Its probably just SD but 16:9 aspect ratio. Similar to what TMC and AMC do all the time. I wish all SD channels would maintain the original aspect ratios.

charper1 said:
Is that Reality TV? Its probably just SD but 16:9 aspect ratio. Similar to what TMC and AMC do all the time. I wish all SD channels would maintain the original aspect ratios.

charper1,
I would say you are correct.
From what I just saw on it, it looked like it could be full screen digital.

My H-10 said it's coming in, in 480, not 720 or 1080.
Only reason I would think that it MIGHT come in HD would be that Murdoch owns FOX so he would possibly send it in HD if he chose too.

Jimbo

American Idol Extra was shown in HD on 250. Then back to SD during the commercials and other programing.

rkr0923 said:
It wouldn't be in HD on 250

Q. Why Not ???

HBO is in HD on channel 509

The channels you find in the 70's (HD) are there for our conveinence.

The channels are mirrored from the original location to that block of channels, so just because it's not in the lower channels doesn't mean it's not HD.

That said Channel 250 is not HD unless D* tells it to be, like AI. check your receiver and see what resolution it is being shown in, (you need to have Native ON) .

Jimbo

The channels you find in the 70's (HD) are there for our convenience.

Really? so what's convenient about it?
why not show NFLHD on 212 as opposed to 98,99 whatever it is
and I don't think HBOHD on 509 is HD, is it? (don't pay for that crap so I don't know)..........kinda like ESPN on 207, 209 whatever is it is and TNTHD on 245......same programing, different format.

but anyway, I watched the idol extra and it didn't appear to be in HD to me. looked good but may be because it was filmed in HD as opposed to all the upconvertiing having to be done.

rkr0923 said:
The channels you find in the 70's (HD) are there for our convenience. Really? so what's convenient about it? why not show NFLHD on 212 as opposed to 98,99 whatever it is and I don't think HBOHD on 509 is HD, is it? (don't pay for that crap so I don't know)..........kinda like ESPN on 207, 209 whatever is it is and TNTHD on 245......same programing, different format. but anyway, I watched the idol extra and it didn't appear to be in HD to me. looked good but may be because it was filmed in HD as opposed to all the upconvertiing having to be done.

Convenient because they are doing their best to group most of the HD together.

HBO-HD is on both 509 & 70

SHO-HD is on both 543 & 71

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Question about remote

H20 with old dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)