Ch 499 B-Band Converter Test Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

harryz417

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
B-band Conv/dvr Issue---chan 94/95

I just installed hr-20-100, b-band converters are pixellating ONLY channels 94&95 where HD games are being broadcast next to each other---also chan 730/731--MLB EI----I REMOVED b-band converters and it STOPPED, replaced with new ones and doing same thing? Anyone know why this is happening--think it has something to do with dual lines losing sat signal---only happens on MLB-EI games with superfan.
Also have H20-600 and NOT having this problem with B-band conv on SAME channels----signals 97 and 93 respective lines NOT an issue
ANy advice would be appreciated---TECH support says faulty conv., i think it;s DVR

same thing---i used the SAME b-band converter---i think it;s something to do with MLB EI since it does NOT happen with any other HD channel​

same thing---i used the SAME b-band converter---i think it;s something to do with MLB EI since it does NOT happen with any other HD channel​
You have come across a really strange problem. :no :confused:
IF you really think it's a MLB issue, it's going to be real hard to prove it, seeing so far, thats the only thing on those channels you listed.

Jimbo

btw, i received an email confirmation that the extra b band converter i ordered a few months ago would be coming soon. i went ahead and ordered additional ones for my hr20's.

Just a FYI....D* is running a B-B converter test channel on 499....be warned
however, that you will get a "searching for signal" msg(771)...this msg according to D* is normal if your converters are OK.

FYI, for those with an H20, if you are not a CE tester and on the NR you might not get the channel to work correctly. I think it was the H20-100, but it could go for both H20s with NR.

I get it on the HR20s, but not on the H20s. Not a CE Tester.

Brewer,
What does it mean if SOMETIMES when I go to 499, it says "Searching for signal" like it should and other time I go to it and it shows the slides to show you what needs to be done ?
Last week all was fine, right now it's showing the slide.

Jimbo

Brewer,
What does it mean if SOMETIMES when I go to 499, it says "Searching for signal" like it should and other time I go to it and it shows the slides to show you what needs to be done ?
Last week all was fine, right now it's showing the slide.

Jimbo

Its to see how many times someone will go to the same test channel to try it over and over again. :p

I actually don't know. They may be testing the channel. I wouldn't worry about it too much since it passed at one point. I highly doubt its the BBC failing.

Its to see how many times someone will go to the same test channel to try it over and over again. :p

I actually don't know. They may be testing the channel. I wouldn't worry about it too much since it passed at one point. I highly doubt its the BBC failing.

Ever notice how cheaply they appear to be made, the coax connection makes an awfully sharp turn once it's out of the box.

Jimbo

Ever notice how cheaply they appear to be made, the coax connection makes an awfully sharp turn once it's out of the box.

Jimbo

These things are horrid!!! They look cheap, they are big, take up tons of space, and the connectors are cheap, dont grab the line, and barely spin to connect. I am ready to splice my own heads. Luckily I have them in an open space but I cant imagine having to use these in a nice clean simple receiver setup. I know they are needed but Directv could have done a much better job with this setup.

These things are horrid!!! They look cheap, they are big, take up tons of space, and the connectors are cheap, dont grab the line, and barely spin to connect. I am ready to splice my own heads. Luckily I have them in an open space but I cant imagine having to use these in a nice clean simple receiver setup. I know they are needed but Directv could have done a much better job with this setup.

It baffles me that they did not include this inside the unit.
They could have at least done that with the -100's seeing they came out later.
I certianly hope they do that with the next generation.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.