Ch 77 Nghc

Status
Please reply by conversation.
what channels #'s are they showing up as ?

YES channel 622 x2 one was SD and earlier people in NY was saying the other 622 was HD in MP4 earlier today. SNY on channel 625 was the same, two channels with the same number 1 was showing SD the other HD. The other RSN were on channels back to back but were the same identical channels, I was wondering if they were being done the same way as YES and SNY myself!:confused:

Im also getting the following: 2 YES channels, 2 SNY, 2 FSMW, 2 FSNW, 2 FSBA! Anybody else!

- Already confirmed that one of the YES channels is Fulltime YESHD as one is Fulltime SNYHD but no word on these others!

I'm seeing just about the same thing you report except that there are 3 Yes 622s and 3 SNY 625s the third of each being marked as HD.

On D*'s website under tv listings, 622 and 625 are listed as HD if you put in a NY DMA zip. All others list them as YES and SNY. I think the rest of us outside the NY DMA are out of luck.

Another what 18 or so more HDTV channels to add till they catch up with Dish!
I think everyone here knows how many HD channels Dish has. They also know how much capacity Dish will not have after D*'s sats go up. I am not a D* defender but the trolling comment from a well respected vender is really unnecessary. At this point I am looking forward to the new channel.

I was on the phone with tech support today and asked her about the new channel. She stated that the new channel could go live at any time.

Another what 18 or so more HDTV channels to add till they catch up with Dish!

I'm sure you are including the VOOM channels that have viewership well up in the hundreds. lol

But on a serious note, what channels on DISH is March Madness on? I couldn't seem to find them. And while you look those up, could you give me the listings for Sunday Ticket as well. Thanks.

Program guide has two shows starting at 4am Thursday 3/8. I would guess it goes live Thursday early-morning. After the two shows it is simply TBA.

They have had some room for more HD, they run six sunday ticket HD channels, but only pull down one HD channel and one to two HD channels worth of SD stuff - like the mix channels.

Either way, 77 is great news!

So the next question, will national go stretch or non stretch for non HD shows...

IIRC, NGCHD is a simulcast of the SD channel and everything is shot in HD. If not I would hope for non stretch.

So the next question, will national go stretch or non stretch for non HD shows...

I have noticed lately that a lot of their shows, on their SD signal, are shown with horizontal bars on the top and bottom of the screen. I think that you will start to see a lot more of that as time goes on. Just like those of us that have 16x9 screens that have been watching vertical black bars for years, people with older 4x3 screens will be seeing the HD signal down converted to a 4x3 screen with horizontal bars.

directv getting national geographic hd

looks like we are getting the national geographic channel hd on channel 77, says it starts march march 6th, at 2:30 am eastern

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)