Chad- Ocho Cinco- Johnson to Twitter During Games?!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
During a radio interview yesterday, Chad Johnson (Bengals) announced to the world that he will be updating his Twitter page during live NFL games this season.

It’s big for me and I’m taking it a step further. I have my own application coming out where people will be able to interact and follow me. You know more than through just the keyboard and reading my messages - you’ll actually be able to follow me and when the season starts, it’s going to get even worse. I’m going to really make it fun. I’m using Twitter during games, during halftime, after the games. I’m going to be taking it to the next level.”
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think updating his Tweets should be the last thing on his mind during a game? Or do you think that with the advancement of technology, this would be a neat, modern approach to getting live first-hand updates during games?

CHAD OCHOCINCO TO TWITTER DURING GAMES | With Leather - Sports news and gossip, panda sex, and the occasional Toonces the driving cat Photoshop

Sports Radio Interviews Blog Archive Chad ‘Ocho Cinco’ Johnson Ready To Just Play

um, pandas? seriously?

As for stupid Ochoscinco - he would have plenty of time to twitter, from the bench, where he would be if I were coach.

Don't the Bungles play the Lion's this year? I can read the tweets now:

"Damn, I thought we sucked!"

"That DB had to go back to the locker room to get a new jock!"

"sh*t, I tripped over the jock he left on the field!"

NFL already disallows use of cell phones and other portable devices on the sidelines/bench area, they've stated this would fall under the same rule.

Last year a coach was fined 25k for making a cell call on the sideline.

Use of cell phones and stuff in the locker at halftime however is up to the teams.

I have a feeling that the NFL will have a say in TWITTER in the near future.
Someone mentioned that the thought the NFL might decide to make a positive out of Twitter and have a designated reporter/ communications guy from each team to twitter during the games, but not players them self.

Why doesn't he concetrate on playing the game.
He's payed big $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to play football not Twitter.
I just added him to the list of idiot sports personalities I hate.

Because like all people he can do more than one thing at a time. Twittering doesnt mean he's not playing football. How many shots do we see of people just sitting on the bench doing nothing during a NFL game?

Not that this guy isn't an idiot.

The problem isn't people twittering on the sideline, it's the same problem they have off the field... people being stupid. If some players are going to throw a fit and meltdown during games, imagine if they could add their commentary to it.

Last edited:
this thread sucks without a twitter name. ;)

I found several for chad johnson/ocho cinco, but one I found with thousands of followers had no updates so it probably isn't him.

Who cares he's just another TO without the Superbowl Championship ring

oh wait TO doesn't have one either

nothing but an overpaid attention whore

Chad has never blatantly called out his QB/players.

He is not the problem for the Bengals- after all, he actually has stayed out of trouble with the law.

Ocho Stinko will wear his new name on his jersey this year, he was unable to last year due to Rebook agreement.

To show how stupid this is when he changed his name , Ocho cinco is Eight Five, not eighty five.

I would laugh my arse off if the Bengals traded him to a team that had a prominant WR already wearing 85. :D

If he really wanted to display his wanted new name correctly, it would look like this on the back of his jersey and would have to learn how to spell his name again ....

"ochenta y cinco" is the correct spelling for what he wants to say "eighty five", then again, he probably doesn't know this, or didn't till after he changed his name .... what an idiot.

Jimbo

Ocho Cinco is much better than ochenta y cinco, which is surely why he went that route. Players with well known/significant numbers get traded to teams all the time where that number is already in use... and it's resolved between the players (financially). This would be no different with him either.

Both points aren't a big deal IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)