Chain Saw Target Aquisition Day

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sdoradus

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Tomorrow I start my semi annual Chainsaw Target Aquisition Day. Twice a year as we start the solar outage period I spend the time to note when the sun is going to cross each bird in my arc and then note which branches of the multitude of trees surrounding my property volunteer for the wood stove by casting any shadows on any of my dishes.

SD

I need to do the same this weekend.

Attachments

• 10m.jpg
    10m.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 143
Just think of the sales promotions at Lowe's and Home Depot...

The sound of chainsaws across the country running in unison...

The piles of tree clippings out for pickup the following garbage collection day! :)

If you moved it a few weeks in, you could really do that national holiday thing, and add cutting down the christmas tree to the list.

About 20% of my problem are 30+ year old Christmas trees we planted each year prior to joining the plastic crowd. The rest usually consists of laurel hedges from the same era that were not supposed to exceed 15 ft but have pushed on up to about 30 ft. They grow so fast that even the units on the upper deck have lost signal on anything east of 87 degrees during the past year when normally I could get down to 72 degrees. Hopefully all will be solved during the weekend since my youngest son is planning to come over to handle the forklift while I do the cutting.

The time to remove tries is when they are like 3" tall. Keep an eye on your property lines. Get the trees in the cover of darkness and when they are small. Good luck!

Make it the 1st Monday in October. That will be National Chain Saw Target Aquisition Day. I say we define it in the wikipedia or urban dictionary. Won't be long before it spreads.

For myself here in South Florida, a hurricane would be nice....help knock down some vegitation around here.

techno935 said:
For myself here in South Florida, a hurricane would be nice....help knock down some vegitation around here.
Techno, watch what you ask for. Look what happened to N.O. last season (of course the damage was made worse by human error)...

Oh, yeah, Katrina did do a good job of clearing anything that might have hampered my view of the Clarke Belt :)

I'm immune to hurricanes. Been through Andrew. I'm a hurricane trooper. I at least take down my dish when those things arrive, unlike other dumbs***s.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)