Change Hdmi setting with Dish Remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rocko

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
Can anyone tell me if there is anyway possible to make a Dish Remote capable of changing your HDMI from say #1 to #2 on your tv? I have a Vizio with the 222 receiver and would like to get it down to just one remote-is this possible or am I stuck changing the HDMI setting with the Vizio remote that came with the tv?

Thanks, Rocko

Can anyone tell me if there is anyway possible to make a Dish Remote capable of changing your HDMI from say #1 to #2 on your tv? I have a Vizio with the 222 receiver and would like to get it down to just one remote-is this possible or am I stuck changing the HDMI setting with the Vizio remote that came with the tv?

Thanks, Rocko

Depends on the TV model, or code used, and aether or not the tech put your remote into limited mode (which is policy to do so).

You may have to push multiple times, round robin on the inputs including antenna, VCR, and DVD. Provided it has your TV code.

On my Samsung DLP there is an HDMI button 1 2 3 (for my Roku, thanks Dish) and the antenna. Better than the input selector and default for Dish TV mode including everything. It's easier just to use that remote than switching the Dish mode and its input selector and switching back to DVR.

-Ken

You could get a 20.0 learning remote and ''teach'' it the HDMI input selection from your Vizio remote...they can be found real cheap on ebay....

Thanks for the responses guys-will give it the ole college try this weekend!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)