Change in Glorystar Install Instructions

neighbor

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 6, 2006
I helped someone set up a new Glorystar system today who seemed to be following all the instructions, had tried to point the dish for hours, but could not get the signal. It appeared the problem was that the instructions say to locate 3ABN on LNBF1 first. The receiver was programed for Channel 106, 3ABN English, AMC4, Freq. 11822, Horiz., SR 5700. Now that 3ABN has moved from AMC4 and that transponder seems to be off, you could never get the satellite located while following these instructions. Glorystar is great at writing instructions and I am sure they will come out with a new version soon. In the meantime: Note: You need to start on LNBF2 (for G19) and start on Channel 101, TBN. The receiver can update once you are locked on G19. (provided it is a current model receiver from Glorystar).

Found this from Glorystar 1 in another post:
Galaxy 19 aiming procedure: Find the satellite using TBN channel 101 with 50% Signal Quality. Verify Cornerstone channel 113 is 50% Signal Quality then perform a OTA update to add the new transponders and channels. Once the OTA update is complete, verify that 3ABN channel 106 is at least 50% Signal Quality.

Sorry to hear of this customer's frustration! They must have had the system for several months without installing. The departure of 3ABN from satellite AMC4 outdated the previous install instruction guides. Systems shipped in recent months and the current model online manuals have instructions for using channel 500 CGN TV for locating satellite on LNBF #1 and channels 101, TBN and 113, Cornerstone for LNBF #2.

Much Thanks Neighbor!:angel:
I just got my Glorystar system yesterday and I spent half of today trying to figure out what I was doing wrong!:rant: A real exercise in patience as this was a rooftop install (even had the wife up there for a little bit) and she said she didn't need the exercise!:mad:
I knew it HAD to be in the area of setup but this was my first satellite system install and so I was forced to learn things I didn't care to learn. Now I know what I need to do, I hope.
By the way Glorystar1, this system was just purchased so it must of been sitting on someone else's shelf for a few months. It would have been very nice to have at least gotten a note of attention with the packing slip or something.
Great site and very helpful!:up
Thanks to all!

Freebird1st said:
system was just purchased so it must of been sitting on someone else's shelf for a few months. It would have been very nice to have at least gotten a note of attention with the packing slip or something.
Great site and very helpful!:up
Thanks to all!
We apologize for the inconvenience. Sounds like you ordered the DVR1100c and our shipping department neglected to include the notice. I have instructed our shipping department to spend a day opening all DVR1100c receivers and adding the note so it is not overlooked in the shipping process for future customers.

Sorry for our error!

My system was purchased in 2008 and reinstalled recently in a different state. Even with the satelite update the firmware wants to align the system with 3ABN, 106, AMC4. Will this always be the case or will a firmware update rectify the problem to coincide with the current instructions?

I will not presume over Glorystar answer, but ...
1) what receiver are you discussing?
2) are you getting the update from the satellite as proof do you see channel 5 saying 60 channels?
3) If not, are you properly aimed at G19?

And just as a side note to Brian et al. could the "new station" screen have a date added that says something like as of Februaary 31st 2121 these are new stations?

POP

My system was purchased in 2008 and reinstalled recently in a different state. Even with the satelite update the firmware wants to align the system with 3ABN, 106, AMC4. Will this always be the case or will a firmware update rectify the problem to coincide with the current instructions?

With the latest firmware update it is renaming the old AMC4 to SES1, so your software update is not truly updated.

The software download takes place on Transponder 12115, V, 22425, so if the QUALITY on that transponder is weak it will not update and you'll get a "failed".

rv1pop said:
could the "new station" screen have a date added that says something like as of Februaary 31st 2121 these are new stations?POP

The channel 3 "New Channels" does display the channel list release date in the upper right corner. Current channel list date displays July 13th, 2010.

knethken said:

The DVR1100c firmware still currently defaults to channel 106 instead of channel 500 during the initial Glorystar install screens to align LNBF #1. As channel 106 is now on LNBF #2 (G19) and not available on LNBF #1 (SES1/AMC4), channel 106 can no longer be used to align LNBF #1. The DVR1100c firmware will be updated soon, but until then please be sure to use channel 500 to align LNBF #1.

As pointed out in a previous post, the current channel list displays LNBF #1 as SES1, so please make sure that you have performed an OTA Update and then a system default to clear out any custom settings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts