Change Of Dishes For My FTA Hobby

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
I just got a 10' mesh dish last week! :)
It is in excellent shape and I am looking forward getting it up.
I have been enjoying my hobby of FTA for nearly 5 years. I have collected several dish sizes and several receivers and many lnbs. Good collection!
I decided to make the 10 foot BUD for 4DTV and all my C-Band FTA channels.
And I will use my 8 foot BUD for Ku channels. My 922 4DTV receiver will operate the 10' BUD and my 920 4DTV receiver will operate the 8' BUD.
I am not parting ways with my Primestar 1.2 dish, or any other dishes I collected.
I have been hoping to come across a 10' BUD for a long time.

Oh come on ftaman, I could put that 1.2 dish to good use up here!
Enjoy the new big dish, I think you'll really tell the difference on some of those c-band channels with it.

Anole, I have been using the 8' for the 4DTV and C-Band, and the 1.2 for Ku. I am hanging on to the 1.2 for backup. Turbo, I am looking forward to using the 10' BUD!

Sorry, no pictures yet. Will have a coupla made soon.
My frame of thinking is that by using the BUDs I won't have any issues with rainfade.

I am going to use my 920 to move the 8' BUD. Haven't done anything to it since the battery replacement two years ago. Hope I won't have any problems using it for dish mover. Right now it is sitting on my shelf. I will be using my Coolsat 8000 for the Ku channels.
I will use my 922 for the 10' BUD for the 4DTV subscription and Ultra for the C-Band channels.
Any ideals?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)