Change output on Joey?

Michael Wheeler

Original poster
I put a new TV in our bedroom and I'm trying to get the Joey to use the HDMI output instead of the Composite output (what it was using previously).

When I reset (or unplug/plug in power to) the Joey with only the HDMI cable connected, I see the "Joey Starting Up" screen until the Joey is booted. Once that happens, it goes back to the composite output. I only figured that out because I re-connected the composite cables to troubleshoot after the Joey was booted.

Any ideas?

All of the video outputs on our receivers are always "on". Having composite and HDMI both connected shouldn't effect the video. Try using a different HDMI cable, and connect the HDMI port to a different input on the TV if possible

Can I hijack my own thread and ask another question?

Is it possible to set recording priority of the tuners? For instance, I'd rather it record shows on the tuner hooked up to our bedroom TV (which we only watch before bed), versus the tuner that the TV downstairs is hooked up to that the kids always watch.

The tuners on the Hopper are not "assigned" to specific rooms. If you press the red button on the remote, you can see what your tuners are doing, and select an available one.

The tuners are not assigned, nor can they be, to any particular device. Any Joey or any Hopper can be associated with any of the 3 tuners at any given time. If you turn the Joey off in your bedroom (assuming you have three devices), that will leave a tuner available and it will be used for recording. If there is no tuner available when a recording is scheduled, the Hopper will pick one that is in use for the recording.

It would be nice if it would let you choose which tuner to interrupt.

I know what you mean. If all my tuners are in use the Hopper seems to just pick one at random.
As said, when I am expecting a recording I usually turn one of the Joeys off or put both Joeys, or one Joey and the Hopper on the same tuner.
This has not been a problem unless we have the grandkids over and everyone wants to watch something different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts