Changes Channel

bluegrassboy75

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 15, 2013
Paragould, AR
In the past few weeks I have noticed that my Hopper with Sling will change to a different channel after it has been turned off. Last night, I was watching a show and turned it off to go eat my supper. When I returned, it was on a different channel. No one in the house was using the Hopper or any Joeys (all were off). What could cause this?

Thanks in advance.

It's a new feature. The hopper when turned on will go the the most watched channel for the current time of day and day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.

It's a new feature. The hopper when turned on will go the the most watched channel for the current time of day and day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.
Has it been confirmed by Dish that it tunes to most watched channel when turned on? Other posts indicate that may not be true and I'm not sure it's true on my HWS either.

It works like that on my H2Ks. I never watch TBS (139) until after dinner when I watch Seinfeld reruns (for the ?? time). When I turn the box on it's there. It's also tuned to the local news station when I turn it on in the morning.

It is confirmed, but it is also confirmed that there was a glitch where some people experience it going to random channels, and the known issue is being worked on quickly for a future software release.

I thought we used to have a "turn on channel" option (back on the 622?)

with 2 small kids, that would be a nice feature (set it to always turn on to PBS)

I haven't decided if I like that feature because there are times when I intentionally tune the HWS to a channel I know I want to watch in the morning, only to find that it changed overnight. Then it become an itty bitty pain.

I just had one of my old customers call me yesterday asking if I was familiar with this and I had never heard of it. I told him to check on here so I hope he read this thread. I told him I never noticed it on my Hopper but I have to admit that I'm almost always on TBS or ESPN so I honestly would never notice.

I just had one of my old customers call me yesterday asking if I was familiar with this and I had never heard of it. I told him to check on here so I hope he read this thread. I told him I never noticed it on my Hopper but I have to admit that I'm almost always on TBS or ESPN so I honestly would never notice.
A new "feature" added in S520 I believe. An attempt to auto tune the most watched channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts