Changes for 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Chrome as well. Mine is set to display in chronological order (oldest first), and when I click on a thread, it automatically scrolls to the first unread post. My preference has always been read it in that manner and follow the conversation as it happened, rather than reading the newest post and working my way backwards.

I use Chrome as well. Mine is set to display in chronological order (oldest first), and when I click on a thread, it automatically scrolls to the first unread post. My preference has always been read it in that manner and follow the conversation as it happened, rather than reading the newest post and working my way backwards.

Thanks DWS44. Where is the setting for display in chronological order? That would work for me if when I click on a thread it automatically scrolls to the first unread post. Right now, if I have the setting oldest first, I have to manually scroll to the first unread post which is a PITA.

Thanks DWS44. Where is the setting for display in chronological order? That would work for me if when I click on a thread it automatically scrolls to the first unread post. Right now, if I have the setting oldest first, I have to manually scroll to the first unread post which is a PITA.
If you look next to the thread title and see a little Blue Dot, click on it and it will take you to the last post you read .... or at least it does for me.

I looked at several thread titles and don't see any little blue dots.
They are right before the Thread Title, when a thread has been updated I believe is when they show up ...
Someone else may pop in and explain better.

Have you been in the Merry Christmas thread a few post down from this one ... If your not the most recient person to post in it, there should be a Blue Dot next to the thread title, if you click on it, it will take you to the last post you read.

If you don't see it ... I don't understand why .... thats how I have always used it.

Dsw, do you see the Blue Dots I'm trying to explain to him ?
Do you use them as well ... can you explain it any better ?

They are right before the Thread Title, when a thread has been updated I believe is when they show up ...
Someone else may pop in and explain better.

Have you been in the Merry Christmas thread a few post down from this one ... If your not the most recient person to post in it, there should be a Blue Dot next to the thread title, if you click on it, it will take you to the last post you read.

If you don't see it ... I don't understand why .... thats how I have always used it.
Thanks, I will keep an eye out for the blue dots. I don't think I have ever seen them before.

Oddly, I'm not seeing them for THIS thread at the moment, they were there as always, now they are gone.
Maybe Scott can explain, he's online now and would know better.
I saw it this time and it worked. But I want to open any thread and it open to the last post.

I saw it this time and it worked. But I want to open any thread and it open to the last post.

Charles, another trick you can do is click where it shows the time of the last post on the right-hand side. That link will take you to that last post.

upload_2019-1-6_21-47-0.png

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks Scott.

Sorry DWS44, I meant thanks to you for the tip. Using the time of last post works good when I view a list of threads. But if Multiview goes away, I am not sure how that will work out.

In your post #61 you said when you click on a thread it automatically scrolls to the first unread post. How come I cannot get that to work? What do I need to change my settings too to get a thread to automatically scroll to the first unread post? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
In your post #61 you said when you click on a thread it automatically scrolls to the first unread post. How come I cannot get that to work? What do I need to change my settings too to get a thread to automatically scroll to the first unread post? Thanks for your help.

I'm honestly not sure, mine has done it so long, not sure what setting controls that.

Thanks for your support Voyager!

Now that I am back at work, work on the site will slow down a bit, but when I do updates I will post them here so you can go check them out if you want. :D

Reactions: Voyager6
As it does for me. But the new site does not. However, I did notice that on the top of the thread page, there is a "Jump to New" button, which would just be an extra click to get there compared to the existing site.

While there is going to be a change coming this year, now would be a good time to request behavior changes when the new site goes live.

Is it possible to have the Search results automatically sort by newest post first? It has always to me appeared in random order. Still does on the new site.

While there is going to be a change coming this year, now would be a good time to request behavior changes when the new site goes live.

Is it possible to have the Search results automatically sort by newest post first? It has always to me appeared in random order. Still does on the new site.
I have found no add ins which can do this...

However in the new software, the results are weighted higher that were made in the last year, meaning the newer results will be shown first.

search.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)