Changes to system to Add 4K TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DaRef

Original poster
Sep 8, 2017
Pinckney, MI
Two weeks ago I had a new install of DTV completed with an HR54 and all new cable runs to three additional TV's. The HR54 is connected to the internet via an Ethernet cable to my router. Everything is working extremely well with no problems.

I've unexpectedly learned that I can acquire a 4K Roku TV. My question is about the setups for providing 4K programming to the new set which will be in the living room.

I know that I could move the HR54 to one of the other sets and put a C41K client in the living room. However that would mean that I have to connect the HR54 wirelessly instead of wired. I'd much rather keep the wired connection so that's not my preferred solution.

What are the odds of DTV replacing the HR54 with the new HS-17 and a client so that all pieces (cable modem, HS-17, and the new TV) are within easy cabling reach of the router's Ethernet ports? Paying full price for an HS-17 is a no-go. Any hints as to how I could best approach this with DTV for the best result?

Thanks in advance for any hints or advice you may for me.

the c41k is not 4k
you would need a c61k

but well, its such a new install its hard to tell what they would do

call and ask

:welcome to Satelliteguys DaRef!

Like mdram said, you need a c61k client to get 4k, and when Directv changes to the new reverse band signals, you will need a reverse band lnb. For the time being, you only need the new client. Call and ask about the HS17, the answer is always no if you don't.

It appears that I have all that I need outside of the HS17 and a C61K client. The system info says I have a SL3 LNB dish, SWM LNB, a Reverse Band RB/INTL, and a 22 SWM channel count.

I chatted with rep this afternoon who swore that an HS-17 would NOT provide 4K to a client. I should have known better than to try that route. I’ll make a phone call after I actually get the TV.

I’ve had a wireless connection to an HR44 with wireless Genie Mini’s before. The receiver lost connection at least once a week and the Mini’s were less than stellar performers. So I’m not enthused at all about losing a wired connection to the server.

You are all set with what you have for now and the future to get 4k. You don't need anything else.

I'm surprised they didn't push you to take an HS17 if the install was only a two weeks ago.

The HS17 and HR54 are both 4k capable but only through C61K clients. The differences are that the 54 outputs to a TV and financially counts as a receiver. On a plus side, you can have additional DVRs while DTV only allows clients with the HS17.

I'm surprised they didn't push you to take an HS17 if the install was only a two weeks ago.

The HS17 and HR54 are both 4k capable but only through C61K clients. The differences are that the 54 outputs to a TV and financially counts as a receiver. On a plus side, you can have additional DVRs while DTV only allows clients with the HS17.
The HR54 does output a signal without a client, but not a 4k signal. You need the client for that.

It appears that I have all that I need outside of the HS17 and a C61K client. The system info says I have a SL3 LNB dish, SWM LNB, a Reverse Band RB/INTL, and a 22 SWM channel count.

I chatted with rep this afternoon who swore that an HS-17 would NOT provide 4K to a client. I should have known better than to try that route. I’ll make a phone call after I actually get the TV.

I’ve had a wireless connection to an HR44 with wireless Genie Mini’s before. The receiver lost connection at least once a week and the Mini’s were less than stellar performers. So I’m not enthused at all about losing a wired connection to the server.

the c61k is wired, there is no wireless 4k client

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts