Using bell express vu HD dish with direct tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jr scott

Original poster
Aug 20, 2017
USA
Hi all

I have direct TV at my USA residence. I had bell express vu at my Canadian cottage but hate the service and just want to have direct TV there. My questions are:

1. Will my bell dish work with a direct TV dish: I realize it will have to be reaimed etc for direct tv

2. Does the receiver need to be activated before brining it to Canada or can I do it online

3. Will on demand work without having it hooked up to the phone line?

Any general advice on this is greatly appreciated as I have been trying to piece it together from old forums

1. Not really, DirecTV uses KU&KA for HD.

2. Yes, the receiver needs to be activated It shouldn't matter where you are at. No, you can't do it online you have to dial in. You can reauthorize online though. Also, most likely DirecTV will require professional installation if it's a brand new account, so it would have to get installed at a US address before being moved to Canada. I don't think you can call up and just activate anymore as DirecTV is pushing for the Genie and phasing out the HR24's. Also, you would need a slimline dish with a KA/KU lnb at your Canadian place.

3. Must be hooked up to the internet for on demand to work.

4. General advice. Subscribe to an IPTV provider and use a VPN as it would be easier if this is a new setup.

No, the dish won't work, wrong type of LNB and wrong polarization.

1. Not really, but if you can find one, you could replace your Bell dish with an original Dish 1000 (the one without the switch built into the LNB) and use your Bell LNB in the slots labelled 119 and 110 for the Bell satellites at 91 and 82. Add a legacy (non Dish Pro) LNB to the slot labelled 129, and hook it up to a Directv receiver, and you would be aimed for Directv standard-def programming from the 101 satellite location.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)