Changing internal remote code for 722 #2 remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ccm0114

Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
I have a Vip 722 DVR where I am distributing the TV2 output by coax to others rooms in my house. I want to put extra #2 UHF remotes in those rooms so I don't have to carry a single #2 remote all over the house all the time. Now to set up a #2 remote, you have to sync its internal code to the 722 unit. I already have two #2 remotes with the same internal code of "7". The 722 has been sync'd to code "7", and these two #2 remotes now work fine. However, I have another #2 remote with internal code "2".

My question; is there a way to changed the internal code of a #2 remote? I wanted to ask this before I start ripping apart a perfectly good remote.

Easy... press and hold the SAT button for a few seconds, all the LED at the top will light, then when you release the SAT LED will blink. Type 7,# and then the SAT LED will blink 3 times to acknowledge you. As long as your receiver for TV2 is already set to address 7, at this point you will be ok...

No, its 07#.

Another thing you can change if you are having problems as I did - there is a little switch under the battery cover on the left side. This changes the frequency that the remote uses. If you are getting limited range because there is a TV station broadcasting on the frequency your remote is using this could help you as it did me. Once I changed the switch from A to B I could control my 622 from anywhere in the house without having to find a "hot spot" in the room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)