Changing internal remote code for 722 #2 remote

ccm0114

Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
I have a Vip 722 DVR where I am distributing the TV2 output by coax to others rooms in my house. I want to put extra #2 UHF remotes in those rooms so I don't have to carry a single #2 remote all over the house all the time. Now to set up a #2 remote, you have to sync its internal code to the 722 unit. I already have two #2 remotes with the same internal code of "7". The 722 has been sync'd to code "7", and these two #2 remotes now work fine. However, I have another #2 remote with internal code "2".

My question; is there a way to changed the internal code of a #2 remote? I wanted to ask this before I start ripping apart a perfectly good remote.

Easy... press and hold the SAT button for a few seconds, all the LED at the top will light, then when you release the SAT LED will blink. Type 7,# and then the SAT LED will blink 3 times to acknowledge you. As long as your receiver for TV2 is already set to address 7, at this point you will be ok...

No, its 07#.

Another thing you can change if you are having problems as I did - there is a little switch under the battery cover on the left side. This changes the frequency that the remote uses. If you are getting limited range because there is a TV station broadcasting on the frequency your remote is using this could help you as it did me. Once I changed the switch from A to B I could control my 622 from anywhere in the house without having to find a "hot spot" in the room.