Changing service on the D* Website

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ramimac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 21, 2004
Las Vegas,NV
I have tried several times to remove the HD Extra Pack from my account with no luck. I get the confirmation e-mails and all. stil have the pack and the channels.

I was just woundering if there is a problem with the online system.

I guess i am just going to have to call them to do it.

I have tried several times to remove the HD Extra Pack from my account with no luck. I get the confirmation e-mails and all. stil have the pack and the channels.

Same happened with me last night and today?

Then Call them.
D* has most likly started their web update for Next months New Pricing and Packages, That maybe causing the issues. Not uncommon.

I've never had any luck changing programming services via the DIRECTV website.

The last time I tried it the website locked up before I was done and all my DIRECTV services got wiped out. I had to call and get all the services back on again.

From now on I just call DIRECTV to make changes. I've never had any problems with the CSRs.

I think they design it this way on purpose...I've always been able to add programming quite easily, but never delete programming via the website.

Is it possible that you are paid up thru the month and it will be on until the end of your pay cycle ?

Is it possible that you are paid up thru the month and it will be on until the end of your pay cycle ?

No. DirecTV just doesn't let you remove programming through the website -- you have to call.

Also, if you have HD equipment, you can't typically remove HD Access -- it's required in your lease agreement, unless you live in an area where MPEG4 equipment is required for locals.

They used to let you remove any premium online. That changed a few months ago. I think the HDExtra pack got messed up when the did the change on the premiums, because it acts like it removes it, but it doesn't.

I had the same problem, it just removed and readded my HD Access, but didn't change the Extra pack. I called and they took care of it. You could probably email too.

Since the online system wouldn't allow me to delete NFL Sunday Ticket, I called a CSR at DirecTV and explained that with the East and West Networks grandfathered in addition to my local networks, I already have my own mini Sunday Ticket. It isn't worth paying $315 per season for the few games I don't already get. He agreed and said he would delete Sunday Ticket immediately. That was 3 weeks ago and Sunday Ticket is still on my account. I guess I'm going to have to cal again but it shouldn't be this difficult to delete programming.

No. DirecTV just doesn't let you remove programming through the website -- you have to call.

You can add programming and remove programming any time you need.
Exception is the Sports packages which normally you have to change before a season starts.

I think if I were to add or remove a major thing, I would want to call in anyways, just to be sure.

I have also not been able to remove premiums via their website. It always says to call. Then the rep offers me $5 credit or something to keep it. It's a sham. They should remove the remove button if they are going to be that way.

I like Directv most of the time, unless I have to call in. I've had my DVR feature disabled the last 2 times. Once they deactivated my entire service. I have bad luck calling in.

I guess I don't change my programming often.
I haven't tried to change anything in quite awhile.
Not sure why they would change the ability to change your programming online, but , ya never know.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts