Changing setup on RC73 remote to only control HR54-500 Genie?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jvfan57

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2015
WA
Happy to report my HR54 is activated & working great! RC73 remote is very responsive; I have it set to RF.

Only problem is that our HR22 is still hooked-up because the wife wants to watch recordings she had programmed earlier. Any commands sent by the RC73 controls both the HR22 & HR54.

How do I program the RC73 remote to ONLY CONTROL the HR54? Or is this even possible?

Make sure your receiver is set to live programming and hold Mute + Enter.

After about 3-5 seconds, it'll come up with a message "Applying RF/IR Setup Please Wait...."
It should successfully program your remote to RF, which won't operate other receivers.

If you don't want to do it that way, or if it doesn't work, you can go to Menu > Settings & Help > Settings > Remote Control > Program Remote and it'll prompt you to program to RF.

I already have it set on RF but it still controls the HR22 for some reason :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HR22 should be RF only if you program a RF remote such as an RC64R or similar, the older series.
The HR2x line works in IR or RF, but not both.

The Genies work in both IR and RF at the same time, which is nice for owners of sling box (like myself) or other IR solutions.

Of course, if all else fails put some electrical tape over the IR eye on the HR22 that you don't want to receive the IR signal.

I'm not sure if the RC7x remotes send both RF and IR signal or only RF, you could go through the remote setup again on the HR54 to select RF mode. If it only sends one or the other from the remote that would fix it as well.

Neither works.

Can these remotes be programmed to different remote addresses like DishNet remotes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the universal and the HR22, you can change the receiver mode to "AV1 or AV2 Mode" under remote control > receiver mode and move the mode switch to AV1 and program the remote to the box with Mute + Select 00001 or 00002.. but the RC73 can't be.

Did I read this correctly in that yet another person is having problems with the worthless "Genie" remote not serving the needs of customers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)