Genie HD dvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xterra

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
iceland
Just got my Directv hooked up today after being with Dish for 12 years. I'm liking it. Picture is way better. The one thing I can't figure out is why the heck doesn't this dvr have a optical out? Now I can't use my soundbar cause it only has optical & bluetooth. Kinda sucks

Get a digital coax to optical converter. $12 at monoprice.

Just got my Directv hooked up today after being with Dish for 12 years. I'm liking it. Picture is way better. The one thing I can't figure out is why the heck doesn't this dvr have a optical out? Now I can't use my soundbar cause it only has optical & bluetooth. Kinda sucks
The fourth (latest) generation Apple TV is the same way, only having HDMI. Gen 3 had optical out, if I recall.

Must be how things are going now.

Call customer service and request to have an fsr built to service swap your 34 to a 44 because you need an optical out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

this.

or you can request to have a specific model request placed to have it swapped out. the fsr is faster, but either would work.

Ok, thanks for the help, when it comes to sat tv wife always freaks out. Guess i'll just get the converter for 12 bucks. Didn't know they had such a thing.

Decided to call and see if I can get my one day old receiver swaped out for one that has a optical out. After waiting 1/2 hour on hold she said she would fill out a slip and see if Directv would accept it, said they would send me a email. Weird

Decided to call and see if I can get my one day old receiver swaped out for one that has a optical out. After waiting 1/2 hour on hold she said she would fill out a slip and see if Directv would accept it, said they would send me a email. Weird
Ha Ha Ha, Yep good luck.

Does anybody know if you dont like the service can you cancel it within the first few days? I can't believe how slow these units are. The unit in my bedroom has a white screen and takes like one minute turn on, my hd dvr remote doesn't even work half the time, you change the channel and it takes like 30 seconds. This is unacceptable. Man Dish is way better. I've only had this for one day and it sucks. Any advise?

Does anybody know if you dont like the service can you cancel it within the first few days? I can't believe how slow these units are. The unit in my bedroom has a white screen and takes like one minute turn on, my hd dvr remote doesn't even work half the time, you change the channel and it takes like 30 seconds. This is unacceptable. Man Dish is way better. I've only had this for one day and it sucks. Any advise?
What recvrs are you using ?
You must have a 34 still ... and Clients ?

after the first 24 hours, any early cancellation fees become valid.

if you called in to have a replacement requested for the optical port, then it should arrive around tuesday or wednesday. it's much faster;

though, on the main genie, try accessing the guide from the front panel of the receiver and see if it's faster than with the remote. if it is, then the issue is likely due to response time from the remote.

otherwise, just wait on the replacement. it'll be much better.

is the unit in the bedroom a mini genie?
i never recommend these, its a waste to pay a monthly fee for something without a built in tuner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)