Genie HD dvr

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow just got it today IMG_20151208_160721043.jpg If I would of known signing up with Directv was going to take me back to 1980 technology wise I probably would of stayed with Dish...lol Hope this works better

You like the hr44 over the dish hopper with sling? The Dish hopper is light years a head of 44 and genie client. The channel guide is way better. You're just mad cause State took care of your Buckeyes..:clapping

You like the hr44 over the dish hopper with sling? The Dish hopper is light years a head of 44 and genie client. The channel guide is way better. You're just mad cause State took care of your Buckeyes..:clapping
I'm not MAD about anything ...

Your Spartan won on a last second FG .... hardly a whipping.
Had Michigan figured out how to punt the ball you guys would not have gone to the BT Championship game, yes, the Buckeyes would have.

Reactions: ejb1980
I'm not MAD about anything ...

Your Spartan won on a last second FG .... hardly a whipping.
Had Michigan figured out how to punt the ball you guys would not have gone to the BT Championship game, yes, the Buckeyes would have.

Football analysis win.

The guide on the Hopper is better than Directv's and so is changing favorites lists by pushing the guide button multiple times to switch favorites lists. The process on the Directv interface is far too long. But that's about where the Hopper's perks stop. I don't have much experience with the Hopper but it was easy to see little things that would annoy me.

The HR34 is 1980s compared to the HR44. I agree that labeling all of Directv as 1980s due to the lack of an optical out is kinda too-much. But that frustration is fully understood here. I can't have DD audio on my DVD player/digital tuner combo unit because my newer and supposedly better Denon unit only has 1 each for the separate digital audio inputs and they are occupied by things much more important. Luckily, it's 2015 and I really don't need it, but it's handy component output and inputs bring Blu-ray, OTA, and the few available cable channels to my bedroom splendidly.

Sorry to keep this thread going but I cannot believe how much better DIRECTV picture is, I mean it's like night and day. The new hr44 unit is way better. Why do they even mess with the hr34, most people are gonna want to send it back. Thanks for helping out

Sorry to keep this thread going but I cannot believe how much better DIRECTV picture is, I mean it's like night and day. The new hr44 unit is way better. Why do they even mess with the hr34, most people are gonna want to send it back. Thanks for helping out
The 34's came out 1st and most were very good...
Since then the 44's are out and run faster, so the 34 looks worse than it probably is.

The picture between the two boxes should be identical.

I meant the picture between Directv and Dish, also the 44 unit works so much better.

I meant the picture between Directv and Dish, also the 44 unit works so much better.
PQ wise, I agree directv is better, Function wise.
The HR44 is slower then the Hopper.
It still has that buggy feeling that always reminds you it's directv equipment.

I guess you didn't get on when the first came out then.
Yes I did, I guess you never had one period. ;)
Compared to the receivers Directv had then, Sure it looked promising, until a few months went by.

If you want to stand by the HR34 was quite good, you go right ahead. LMFAO!!!

i still say the hr-34 is way ahead of the 622 and 722 i had with dish
but thats me

The 722 was way ahead in 2007 compared to Directv's HR24 in 2010.

If you want to compare apples to apples.

I'll take a Hopper with Super Joey, any day over them Limp HR34,44,54

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts