Channel 1

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I remember this channel...it was mostly commericals but kinda funny in some ways. Anderson Cooper precnn used to report from bosnia....I don't know if the guy had a death wish or what but he he'd be walking out of building seconds before they collapsed...bullits would wizz by and keep talking...probably hop scotched over landmines....:eek:

I think most schools that have it got it simply to get free a/v equipment. Maybe if I can convince the school near me to switch off I could get a easy cband...:D

They played this first thing in the morning when I was in school.
I usually slept through it.

I remember finding the feed when I was in high school on my folks C-Band system.

That was in the very early 90's

I guess going to high school and graduating in '87 makes me old and pre dates this channel in school. :) We still had reel-to-reel projectors in high school. Someone brought in a TV into our room after the Challenger explosion and we watched that on TV. In Economics class as a senior, we watched the Michael Keaton union car movie. We got a computer class when I was a senior, but it was basic programming. Go to line 30 and type in X, etc type of stuff.

MikeI said:
I guess going to high school and graduating in '87 makes me old and pre dates this channel in school. :) We still had reel-to-reel projectors in high school. Someone brought in a TV into our room after the Challenger explosion and we watched that on TV. In Economics class as a senior, we watched the Michael Keaton union car movie. We got a computer class when I was a senior, but it was basic programming. Go to line 30 and type in X, etc type of stuff.

I remember watching the challenger live in the class room. My science teacher was on the list to go but got bumped....she didn't know what to think when we saw it happen.

digiblur said:
I remember watching the challenger live in the class room. My science teacher was on the list to go but got bumped....she didn't know what to think when we saw it happen.
You didn't happen to go to high school in Metairie, did you? My Biology teacher at Grace King H.S. had also been on the list. She was devastated by the disaster, as we all were. Wonder how many teachers from Louisiana were part of that program...

FWIW, this is (sadly) one of the reasons on my list of "Why To Get an FTA Setup" but it is admittedly not very high on said list.

I eventually decided that Channel One posts most (all?) of its videos online anyway, and that would probably be sufficient to check in with it once in a while.

jegrant said:
FWIW, this is (sadly) one of the reasons on my list of "Why To Get an FTA Setup" but it is admittedly not very high on said list.

I eventually decided that Channel One posts most (all?) of its videos online anyway, and that would probably be sufficient to check in with it once in a while.

Nothing wrong with this, J. I for one would love to be able to find this feed myself. Blast from the past. : ) Someone mentioned it was analog still, so I need to get my analog KU slaved to my Fortec.

Status
Please reply by conversation.