Channel 100 going out of Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

worstman1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 28, 2010
SW Michigan, USA
I am seeing a message in the guide starting at 5am today. It says "Channel going out of Service". "this channel is going out of service on 2/28/2023. In order to continue enjoying the features of this channel, please call dish to upgrade your equipment."

I have a dish 722k and flex pack. Anybody seeing this or heard about what this means?

I have my 722k hooked up to the internet. For some reason <menu><customer support > is greyed out also.

Quite possibly the worst effort by Dish to force us old-timers to upgrade to Hoppers.
After seeing this thread I went to my Wally to see what channel 100 was. Never watched it. Hopefully they aren't also taking away the Weather Interactive on the older receivers. I still use that when camping and cell service/internet is iffy.

IIRC all your regular channels will continue to work as before.

Your receivers are MPEG4 already.

Channel 100 is not a big loss.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Free Preview Showcase
Never watched it but just out of curiosity, if the channels are in free preview why would you need a free preview channel for the free previews? So you have a channel listing the free previews, and a channel showcasing the free previews, and of the course the actual free previews themselves. Seems kind of redundant.

Never watched it but just out of curiosity, if the channels are in free preview why would you need a free preview channel for the free previews? So you have a channel listing the free previews, and a channel showcasing the free previews, and of the course the actual free previews themselves. Seems kind of redundant.
Not listing
It was more of a multiview..6 squares..each containing a channel..you can watch all 6 or click on one to watch that channel..great technology in the 90s..not so much now

OK, I'm officially confused. The preview listing channel is now gone from the Wally but the showcase channel (100) is still there? Huh? How does this make sense?