Channel 323 and 272 Freezing After 10 minutes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Harley65

Original poster
Jan 13, 2019
Downey Ca
I just had two DVR's HR24/500 replaced and noticed channel 272 which I watch all the time freezes after 10 minutes. I checked the HR24/100 and there is no problem with it . Any help here.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Harley65!

By freezing I assume you mean the picture and not that it goes to a screen saver, yes? If it's the picture actually freezing, have you tried rebooting the dvr through the menu?

It's the picture. Red Button Reset, refreshed. Everything I've read says this is a problem with the 500 serials boxes.

Having the same problem here with our HR24s on "BET Her" (BHER) channel 330. The Genie (HR54) displays it fine.

DIRECTV tech. support is useless other than offering swapouts for other HR24s or ditch all the HR24s, which are old and obsolete now (their words) and the Genie for a Genie 2 upgrade.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I understand the Genie if you have three TV's that if you watch a live program that it takes away one recording. If watch two live TV's it takes away two recordings. With three DVR's I can record three programs and watch three live show's. Correct me if this is not correct.

I have an HR24-500 and haven't seen the freezing issue. Try rebooting through the menu, not with the red button.

I understand the Genie if you have three TV's that if you watch a live program that it takes away one recording. If watch two live TV's it takes away two recordings. With three DVR's I can record three programs and watch three live show's. Correct me if this is not correct.
That's correct.

Resetting thru the menu doesn't work ether.
Sounds like it's defective. Call and tell them it's dead, won't even power on. If they know it sort of works, it could literally be an hour on the phone to get it replaced.

Resetting thru the menu doesn't work ether.
Didn't work for our HR24s either ...

As I said, tech support CSRs have no clue, though took the report and referred the issue to engineering (haven't heard anything since). And they strongly recommended not to try replacing the HR24s, but ditch all of them as old and obsolete, and take the Genie 2 upgrade.

I noticed today the last two days the channels don't freeze anymore and the 920 error has gone away a week after AT&T turning it over to engineering. I'm not convinced that they did anything because the software number have not changed. The only difference is that it's not raining in Calif the last week. Interesting. Any comments on this.

Having the same problem here with our HR24s on "BET Her" (BHER) channel 330. The Genie (HR54) displays it fine.

DIRECTV tech. support is useless other than offering swapouts for other HR24s or ditch all the HR24s, which are old and obsolete now (their words) and the Genie for a Genie 2 upgrade.

Swapping out would be GREAT if the let you have more than 1 Genie.

Anyone on this. I noticed today the last two days the channels don't freeze anymore and the 920 error has gone away a week after AT&T turning it over to engineering. I'm not convinced that they did anything because the software number have not changed. The only difference is that it's not raining in Calif the last week. Interesting. Any comments on this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts