channel 799, 800 on sat 121

jessesam

Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
can anyone tell me what happened to channels 799,800 on superdish 121 because its displaying that the channels has been moved (wt does that mean ) ?

These channels are available TEMPRALILY on the 5700 channel block. Dish is in the process of REMOVING all channels from 121° since they are discontinuing the SuperDish.

The channels are available at 118.75°.

The easiest way to get these channels back and more is to call the number on the channel slate and set up a dish upgrade. All you have to do is have the dish replace with a slightly smaller dish that points to 110°, 119° and 118.75° to get just about all the programming out there. It's called a Dish 500 Plus

See ya
Tony

These channels are available TEMPRALILY on the 5700 channel block. Dish is in the process of REMOVING all channels from 121° since they are discontinuing the SuperDish.

The channels are available at 118.75°.

The easiest way to get these channels back and more is to call the number on the channel slate and set up a dish upgrade. All you have to do is have the dish replace with a slightly smaller dish that points to 110°, 119° and 118.75° to get just about all the programming out there. It's called a Dish 500 Plus

See ya
Tony

...OR...more likely scenario...Dish will just upgrade the existing LNB on the superdish (repoint kit).

Yea, I had to move off of the 121 and go to 118.75 too.
The 4th installer finally did the job (after 3 weekly disappointments).
The guy spoke broken English but he was quite excellent.
I had been complaining for so long and so insistently that I finally got attention.
118.75 is full of good intern'l stuff. I love it!
Also, my wife and I noticed that the picture color quality improved remarkably.
That must be the new LNB which receives 118/119.

They just replace your superdish when they finally do it.
Hang in there, it will be great!

the repoint has to be adjusted on all angles and the lnb replaced.. my only concern is 118 repoint and the 500 + are using an lnb that resembles the old fiberglass superdish.. we had alot of problems with that type of lnb.. hope they fixed that

I would venture to guess that Chinese Great Wall Package subscribers like me are going to be the last ones to be re-pointed.
Maybe DiSH has more subscribers to Chinese Great Wall Package than any other international offering and need to build up inventory, though there are still South Asian and Middle Eastern channels on 121 according to Lyngsat.

It's going to be an exciting Fall installer season.

How much does a SuperDish weigh?

Dish 1000 Wiring Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)