Channel 96 (YES feed in NY) - Broke for Months

Status
Please reply by conversation.

elkiehound

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2004
This really is unbelievable.

In July 2006 D* announce that YES will broadcast Yankee games in HD for NY area. Not ONE game was viewable on channel 96 (MPEG-4), always had the "slow motion - 8mm" effect. The same game on channel 95(MPEG-2) was ok. Called every month and the answer was the same, they had an uplink problem with the broadcast.

Now it is basketball season and the NETS games have the same problem. OK on channel 95, fuzzy on channel 96. I called tonight 3 times, two times the person did not even know what MPEG-4 was. Then was told they would inform the technical people of the problem and I was the first person calling with this problem. Who are they calling ? Can they find the person who can fix this please.

There were numerous people who have posted the same problem

How could a problem like this go on for MONTHS ? There has to be a person somewhere in this country that is working on the problem.

And when is MSG and FSNY coming in HD, a public press release said October 2006 and still no sign of the channels.

I just dont understand.

This really is unbelievable.

In July 2006 D* announce that YES will broadcast Yankee games in HD for NY area. Not ONE game was viewable on channel 96 (MPEG-4), always had the "slow motion - 8mm" effect. The same game on channel 95(MPEG-2) was ok. Called every month and the answer was the same, they had an uplink problem with the broadcast.

Now it is basketball season and the NETS games have the same problem. OK on channel 95, fuzzy on channel 96. I called tonight 3 times, two times the person did not even know what MPEG-4 was. Then was told they would inform the technical people of the problem and I was the first person calling with this problem. Who are they calling ? Can they find the person who can fix this please.

There were numerous people who have posted the same problem

How could a problem like this go on for MONTHS ? There has to be a person somewhere in this country that is working on the problem.

And when is MSG and FSNY coming in HD, a public press release said October 2006 and still no sign of the channels.

I just dont understand.

Remember MPEG4 technology for TV is very new, some is up and working very well others not so well yet.
IF you really want to talk to someone thet should know about it, you cannot expect the CSR's that answer the phone to know about this.
When you call next time, ask for the Advanced HD tech dept., at least that will give you to someone that has knowledge in this area.

elkiehound - I'm now in the same boat as you, and I'm scratching my head on it, as well.

To be fair, I haven't had much faith in the Cablevision-owned RSN's coming, but I'm willing to be proven wrong (as the Dolans, if anything, know how to do something crazy).

As for YES - I'm going to try and see what can be done here...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts