Channel line up

The year they changed that default, they saved $1.2 million on tech calls for 005, and other authorization messages. That was the purpose behind changing the default and why we will likely never see that again.
Okay, but other than that, what do you think about my "All PPV" list suggestion?

Do I expect Dish to go to the trouble of going back to implement it in the older receivers? No, but it would be a nice feature to add to the new receivers going forward.

Again cutting revenue out from them though. Look at my previous analogy. If 30% take it on impulse... That is 30% more people buying then would have otherwise. It's ok for 70% to pass as long as those few that do go impulse buy do it.

Again cutting revenue out from them though. Look at my previous analogy. If 30% take it on impulse... That is 30% more people buying then would have otherwise. It's ok for 70% to pass as long as those few that do go impulse buy do it.
Okay. Well, Dish could still come up with a better name for the My Channels list, though. That is probably why they changed it from "All Sub" in the first place, to avoid implying that we actually subscribe to the PPV movies and PPV sports channels as part of our package.

Never thought of that, but that would make sense. You get the PPV channels, but you have to pay per view. So it would still remain as your channel. Smart way of labeling it.

Well, of course new channels will show up if you previously had every channel in your favorites list. I prefer not to leave channels in my list that I am not actually receiving. :rollingeyes

Didn't you used to subscribe to All American Direct? FIDO is in their old channel range.

Yes but I addressed that. The only channels that may not show up could be a channel that was never in the list, but that does not happen too often. I'm not advocating having all channels in the list, take out the ones you don't watch. I thought this discussion was because you said you would miss freeviews and new channels if you did what the receiver is meant to do. I'm just showing how I do not miss many new additions or freeviews.
I did have All American and 245 was in the range. But that's an example of how channels get reused so often.
I think checking the uplink report each week takes such a short time that is additional way to be sure to get new channels.

Yes but I addressed that. The only channels that may not show up could be a channel that was never in the list, but that does not happen too often. I'm not advocating having all channels in the list, take out the ones you don't watch. I thought this discussion was because you said you would miss freeviews and new channels if you did what the receiver is meant to do. I'm just showing how I do not miss many new additions or freeviews.
I did have All American and 245 was in the range. But that's an example of how channels get reused so often.
I think checking the uplink report each week takes such a short time that is additional way to be sure to get new channels.
Per the OP, the discussion was originally about removing the PPV channels from the My Channels list.

As far as my points, because channels get reused so often, that is why I prefer not to block any channels, to avoid accidentally blocking something I might actually want to watch in the future.

I do agree that the uplink reports (when they are available) are a good way to keep track of new channel additions. However, I do not have the internet at home (I use a computer at the library to post here.) So, that makes it a little hard for me to check the uplink reports in real time. Other people might not have internet access at all. (Of course, in that case, they would not be reading this site. :))

I do not mind having the PPV and VOD in the All Channels list. That is where I expect to find them, and I like to see the list of all of the channels and options that are available, whether I subscribe to them or not. However, when Dish created a list called "My Channels" (originally called "All Sub") it should not have included channels that are not part of your subscription. Period.
Dish is certainly going to take the liberty of including their own channels in all lists. Also, they could argue that you do subscribe to the VOD and PPV channels for informational purposes only (someone will argue, "then let us watch the stuff on them as part of the subscription" though). In fact, Dish considers the "PPV Order" channels to be part of our channel packages: http://www.dish.com/compare-channels/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts