Channel Locks on tv2

jb1945

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Sacramento, California
I have a VIP 622 used in dual mode. I used channel locks to remove the music, shopping and some other channels from the guides. I did this on tv1 and all went well. I thought the change would apply to tv2 also, but it did not. So, I went through the same selecting and locking procedure on tv2. It does not work on tv2. I checked the manual and found nothing helpful. Am I missing something or is this just the way things are?

You must not have created a password lock for tv2. In dual mode you have to redo EVERYTHING again in order to lock down tv2. This is from page 45 of the User Guide:

You must lock the receiver for any receiver locks you set to take effect. Locking the
receiver also locks TV1’s modulator output (see page 86). To lock the receiver, you must
first create a password (see Setting Up a Password in the previous section). Be sure to
refer to this section whenever you set any lock on your receiver.

Chapter 6 gives you the details you need.

8bit is correct. Think of these as 2 separate tvs when in dual mode. You can set locks based on ind. channels, violence ratings, etc. separately for both tvs so you could have the kids tv set to only 'pg and below' on a second tv and the adult tv could have its own more relaxed locks.

But yes, you must set a password and 'lock' the reciever on each set for it to take effect even if you've gone in and set up all the channels you want removed.

Tried again! Used a different password and it still doesn't work on tv2. Channels blocked cannot be accessed without the password, but still appear in the guides.

I don't really know about channel locks. I just use one of the 6 I think it is favorite list. I have one and my wife has her own. Seems like the easy thing to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts