Channel Master Dish Logo Decal Dimensions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

remlap

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Wales
Hi this is a really silly question but does anyone have the dimensions to decal Channel Master used to put on their dishes, not the Andrews or ASC Signal spikes.

Attached is the recreated decal I've made but I'd like to print it correctly got some left over laser vinyl and may as well use it.

Cheers

Attachments

• Dish Logo Recreation.png
    Dish Logo Recreation.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 258
Hi this is a really silly question but does anyone have the dimensions to decal Channel Master used to put on their dishes, not the Andrews or ASC Signal spikes.

Attached is the recreated decal I've made but I'd like to print it correctly got some left over laser vinyl and may as well use it.

Cheers

On my 1 meter CM, as close as I can tell (it's still dark and the edges are a bit tattered), the decal is 3 1/2" wide by 4 1/8" high.

Hi Tron, thanks very much for going out and check for me. That's great.

Will post photos later.

Here we go all done, looks good, won't remove the tooway decal because its probably be a different colour behind the decal once its removed.

Thanks again for dimensions.

Attachments

• Label on dish.jpg
    Label on dish.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 211
Here we go all done, looks good, won't remove the tooway decal because its probably be a different colour behind the decal once its removed.

Thanks again for dimensions.

Looks great Remlap! I'll have to do that with mine one of these days, maybe after it gets cleaned and has a fresh coat of paint ;) ...

Am I right to assume the decals are actually transparent where mine has white, I might be able to get some transparent printable vinyl for not much money, Ill remove that decal and print off another on some transparent laser vinyl.

Am I right to assume the decals are actually transparent where mine has white, I might be able to get some transparent printable vinyl for not much money, Ill remove that decal and print off another on some transparent laser vinyl.

The decal on my 1.2M has a white area and a clear area. If I can get my camera back from my brother I will try to snap a photo in the next day or so.

Hmm makes things tricky, its either one or the other since a laser can't print white. Thanks for getting back to me again.

Oooops! I looked closer at the decal on my dish and it is clear background. The white was actually a little bit of bird resi-doo-doo! :facepalm

Its hard to tell on mine since it is so old. I think the decal background is (was) white...

Yeah I agree. There also is white underneath the red area on my decal. I think that it does make sense to have the white background so the black Channel Master name shows up. The grey dish showing through the clear area of the decal makes it hard to read those letters. His version looks great to me even if it was wrong! :D

I've been looking at photos of dishes that are new and they all seem to have transparent all over and no white, I have bought some transparent vinyl and printed it off and it looks better honestly.

Thanks for bringing this subject up remlap and to all who responded :) I'm restoring a 3.0m prime focus Channel Master SMC fiberglass dish that I rescued. The center plastic disc needs repainting and most of the pics online I found weren't clear enough.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts