Channel Master Export Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.
linuxman

linuxman

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 16, 2006
3,903
16
North West of St. Louis, MO
I am trying to export my newly scanned in Coolsat Channel list into MyTheatre format.

I am following the export wizard closely and I thought this problem had all been fixed.

Channel Master keeps bombing with "something bad happened to your program" error.

Any clues as to why?
 
qwert1515

qwert1515

SatelliteGuys TheList
Sep 26, 2005
4,244
40
Los Angeles CA
I looked at the file you sent me yesterday and it also has the same problem if I try to export it to MyTheater format.

I looked at the file and the problems are all related to audio pids, on one of the channels the audio pids are out of order (ex. 22, 20, 21, 19) and the other two channels there are duplicate pids (ex. 22, 22, 23, 23) .

After fixing the three problem channels your file can be exported to MyTheater, and I was able to open it with MyTheater. (I couldn't use it since my setup is different than yours, and I don't have a big C-Band dish :()

I have PM'd you the channel names that have problems.
 
linuxman

linuxman

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 16, 2006
3,903
16
North West of St. Louis, MO
I looked at the file you sent me yesterday and it also has the same problem if I try to export it to MyTheater format.

I looked at the file and the problems are all related to audio pids, on one of the channels the audio pids are out of order (ex. 22, 20, 21, 19) and the other two channels there are duplicate pids (ex. 22, 22, 23, 23) .

After fixing the three problem channels your file can be exported to MyTheater, and I was able to open it with MyTheater. (I couldn't use it since my setup is different than yours, and I don't have a big C-Band dish :()

I have PM'd you the channel names that have problems.

Thanks Qwert!!! :hatsoff: :bow

I knew someone would have an answer. :)
 
linuxman

linuxman

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 16, 2006
3,903
16
North West of St. Louis, MO
Absolutely Amazing!!!

How did you figure it out so quickly?

Did Channel Master tell you what was wrong, or the import into your database?

It exported fine, and popped right into MyTheatre. All I have to do is setup the position numbers, but that is nothing to not having all those fine channels that I scanned in. :eek:

Thanks again!
 
qwert1515

qwert1515

SatelliteGuys TheList
Sep 26, 2005
4,244
40
Los Angeles CA
No problem :)

I never kept my program that converts my database format to the Channel Master format up to date :( so I couldn't use it.
It would have fixed the problem right away since my program sorts the pids.

So I opened up the Channel Master Editor and deleted half the satellites and continued to do that until I could figure out what satellite was causing the problems.
Once I narrowed the satellite down I did the same with the channels (deleted half the channels until I could figure out which channel had a problem).

Then I opened up the Channel Master file with notepad and looked at the problem channels code and noticed that the audio pids were the problem.

Example of what the CM code looks like in a text editor.

Code:
[SIZE="2"]<AudioPID>
	<ID>
		<PID>1213</PID>
		<Language>255</Language>
	</ID>
	<ID>
		<PID>1214</PID>
		<Language>255</Language>
	</ID>
	<ID>
		<PID>1213</PID>
		<Language>255</Language>
	</ID>
	<ID>
		<PID>1214</PID>
		<Language>255</Language>
	</ID>
</AudioPID>[/SIZE]
 
linuxman

linuxman

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 16, 2006
3,903
16
North West of St. Louis, MO
No problem :)

I never kept my program that converts my database format to the Channel Master format up to date :( so I couldn't use it.
It would have fixed the problem right away since my program sorts the pids.

So I opened up the Channel Master Editor and deleted half the satellites and continued to do that until I could figure out what satellite was causing the problems.
Once I narrowed the satellite down I did the same with the channels (deleted half the channels until I could figure out which channel had a problem).

Then I opened up the Channel Master file with notepad and looked at the problem channels code and noticed that the audio pids were the problem.

Example of what the CM code looks like in a text editor.

Code:
[SIZE="2"]<AudioPID>
	<ID>
		<PID>1213</PID>
		<Language>255</Language>
	</ID>
	<ID>
		<PID>1214</PID>
		<Language>255</Language>
	</ID>
	<ID>
		<PID>1213</PID>
		<Language>255</Language>
	</ID>
	<ID>
		<PID>1214</PID>
		<Language>255</Language>
	</ID>
</AudioPID>[/SIZE]

Well that's pretty cool!

I would have never thought of doing it like that. I'll have to fix it in the Coolsat file too. It would probably cause a problem if I tried to view or listen to those channels. :eek:

Thanks again!
 
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Similar threads

wallyhts
Replies
4
Views
630
Dee_Ann
Dee_Ann
iafirebuff
  • Locked
Replies
21
Views
3K
GaryPen
GaryPen
T
  • Locked
Replies
7
Views
2K
taelon721
T
saidias
  • Locked
Replies
1
Views
921
bigOleB
bigOleB
GreatFTA
  • Locked
Replies
12
Views
6K
taelon721
T

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top