Channel Master Export Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
I am trying to export my newly scanned in Coolsat Channel list into MyTheatre format.

I am following the export wizard closely and I thought this problem had all been fixed.

Channel Master keeps bombing with "something bad happened to your program" error.

Any clues as to why?

I looked at the file you sent me yesterday and it also has the same problem if I try to export it to MyTheater format.

I looked at the file and the problems are all related to audio pids, on one of the channels the audio pids are out of order (ex. 22, 20, 21, 19) and the other two channels there are duplicate pids (ex. 22, 22, 23, 23) .

After fixing the three problem channels your file can be exported to MyTheater, and I was able to open it with MyTheater. (I couldn't use it since my setup is different than yours, and I don't have a big C-Band dish :()

I have PM'd you the channel names that have problems.

I looked at the file you sent me yesterday and it also has the same problem if I try to export it to MyTheater format.

I looked at the file and the problems are all related to audio pids, on one of the channels the audio pids are out of order (ex. 22, 20, 21, 19) and the other two channels there are duplicate pids (ex. 22, 22, 23, 23) .

After fixing the three problem channels your file can be exported to MyTheater, and I was able to open it with MyTheater. (I couldn't use it since my setup is different than yours, and I don't have a big C-Band dish :()

I have PM'd you the channel names that have problems.

Thanks Qwert!!! :hatsoff: :bow

I knew someone would have an answer. :)

Absolutely Amazing!!!

How did you figure it out so quickly?

Did Channel Master tell you what was wrong, or the import into your database?

It exported fine, and popped right into MyTheatre. All I have to do is setup the position numbers, but that is nothing to not having all those fine channels that I scanned in. :eek:

Thanks again!

No problem :)

I never kept my program that converts my database format to the Channel Master format up to date :( so I couldn't use it.
It would have fixed the problem right away since my program sorts the pids.

So I opened up the Channel Master Editor and deleted half the satellites and continued to do that until I could figure out what satellite was causing the problems.
Once I narrowed the satellite down I did the same with the channels (deleted half the channels until I could figure out which channel had a problem).

Then I opened up the Channel Master file with notepad and looked at the problem channels code and noticed that the audio pids were the problem.

Example of what the CM code looks like in a text editor.

Code:
[SIZE="2"]<AudioPID>
	<ID>
		<PID>1213</PID>
		<Language>255</Language>
	</ID>
	<ID>
		<PID>1214</PID>
		<Language>255</Language>
	</ID>
	<ID>
		<PID>1213</PID>
		<Language>255</Language>
	</ID>
	<ID>
		<PID>1214</PID>
		<Language>255</Language>
	</ID>
</AudioPID>[/SIZE]

No problem :)

I never kept my program that converts my database format to the Channel Master format up to date :( so I couldn't use it.
It would have fixed the problem right away since my program sorts the pids.

So I opened up the Channel Master Editor and deleted half the satellites and continued to do that until I could figure out what satellite was causing the problems.
Once I narrowed the satellite down I did the same with the channels (deleted half the channels until I could figure out which channel had a problem).

Then I opened up the Channel Master file with notepad and looked at the problem channels code and noticed that the audio pids were the problem.

Example of what the CM code looks like in a text editor.

Code:
[SIZE="2"]<AudioPID>
	<ID>
		<PID>1213</PID>
		<Language>255</Language>
	</ID>
	<ID>
		<PID>1214</PID>
		<Language>255</Language>
	</ID>
	<ID>
		<PID>1213</PID>
		<Language>255</Language>
	</ID>
	<ID>
		<PID>1214</PID>
		<Language>255</Language>
	</ID>
</AudioPID>[/SIZE]

Well that's pretty cool!

I would have never thought of doing it like that. I'll have to fix it in the Coolsat file too. It would probably cause a problem if I tried to view or listen to those channels. :eek:

Thanks again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)