Channel Master LNB mount

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
For anyone with a Channel Master 1M dish: The LNB mount on the one here looks like the first picture.
The LNB I received today from IMPAKT looks like picture 2 and 3.
IMPAKT stated it was an original LNB for the CM dish.
Well, the bolt spacing on this IMPAKT LNB is 1-5/8". That is much smaller than what is on the dish.
Does anyone know of or have a mount for the CM that has a 1-5/8" bolt spacing?
RT

Attachments

• CM3.jpg
    CM3.jpg
    851 KB · Views: 598
  • CM1.jpg
    CM1.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 458
  • CM2.jpg
    CM2.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 353
I have the same mount on my CM as you do. That LNB feed horn in pic 2 & 3 is for an elliptical dish Like an 84e. It would bolt onto my Prodlin 1m

It would have been better if they would have stated more exactly which CM dish it would fit.
So, if a person made a mount for this LNB would you expect it to work on any 1M elliptical dish?
I do have three of them here. One is working great for NBC on 72 and would stay there.
The other two are 1M measuring left to right and much smaller up and down.
RT

Sounds good MS. But it does have an adjustment. See pic.
I think the two elliptical I have adjust on the mount for skew also.

Attachments

• LNB-CM.jpg
    LNB-CM.jpg
    746.7 KB · Views: 258
Will they let you exchange it RT? Or didn't they have the one you really needed? I seem to remember that lnb bracket being smaller on the 84e dish I have, but haven't looked at it in a while. I had two of them, gave my brother one, and the other 84e I have is parked on 72w.

Will they let you exchange it RT? Or didn't they have the one you really needed? I seem to remember that lnb bracket being smaller on the 84e dish I have, but haven't looked at it in a while. I had two of them, gave my brother one, and the other 84e I have is parked on 72w.
I could exchange it, but one of the big reasons I only rarely buy from IMPAKT is IMO they overcharge for shipping. An area where I don't like to be ripped. To ship it there and back=too much $$$. And yes this one has a smaller bolt spacing than the one on the CM I got from Pixl.
RT

rules to skew by

Sounds good MS. But it does have an adjustment. See pic.
I think the two elliptical I have adjust on the mount for skew also.
You skew the dish to the orbital location. Always, no exceptions.
Only one Ku bird isn't perpendicular to its location, and in that one case you STILL skew the dish to the orbital location, then you can crank in the necessary correction by twisting the LNB on the feedhorn..
?.

You skew the dish to the orbital location. Always, no exceptions.
Only one Ku bird isn't perpendicular to its location, and in that one case you STILL skew the dish to the orbital location, then you can crank in the necessary correction by twisting the LNB on the feedhorn..
?.
Then what do you do with a channel master that has no skew on the mount. All you have is azimuth and elevation? You have to skew with the LNB.
RT

Then what do you do with a channel master that has no skew on the mount. All you have is azimuth and elevation? You have to skew with the LNB.
RT

On the CM 1.0M dishes you'll skew the LNB in its mount unless you want to get creative and build/adapt a skewable dish mount. For the one sat (103W) with the crazy Ku skew, you'll have to use a little bit of maths to determine the correct skew on the LNB...standard skew for that position (from your location) then +/- the additional offset.

Sorry, thought we were talking elliptical dishes.
Those you skew, and they have skew able mounts.
?"Round" dishes are not on skew able mounts; you just twist the lnbf.

On the CM 1.0M dishes you'll skew the LNB in its mount unless you want to get creative and build/adapt a skewable dish mount. For the one sat (103W) with the crazy Ku skew, you'll have to use a little bit of maths to determine the correct skew on the LNB...standard skew for that position (from your location) then +/- the additional offset.
Yes, the one I have on 103 is really twisted around.

Sorry, thought we were talking elliptical dishes.
Those you skew, and they have skew able mounts.
?"Round" dishes are not on skew able mounts; you just twist the lnbf.
Well, we started with round. It just got over to elliptical after awhile.:)
RT

Except that the 84e dishes don't have skewable mounts, or I haven't seen any that do. You can only skew the lnbf, unless you do want to build a mount that really does turn. Guess the CM people didnt think it necessary when they made them. My other elliptical dish, that white Direcway PC dish, does have a fancy skewable backside to it, but its a little bit smaller than the 84e dish. Those old wide dishes really do need skewing though, like the man said, to get best possible result, but it is some work to make it happen.

Back to the "boat seat" swivel base again huh? I've done this, and Walmart sells them cheap. Just slightly enlarge the slotted holes in them, and they'll bolt right in between the 75 or 84 dish and mount. Drill and tap a hole in the back plate, and you can tighten a screw in there to keep it when it's skewed where you want it.

The feedhorn for the 1, 1.2, and 1.8 meter Channel Master dishes can often be found cheap on Fleabay. That's where I got mine; My 1M Channel Master was missing its feedhorn when I bought it used from a local uplinker.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts