Channel Master molded off set dish-odd shape?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mjac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
FL/TN
I spotted an unusual shaped, to me anyway, Channel Master molded off set dish. It was on a free standing pipe about 12' high. I could get close enought to read the Channel Master sticker on the back side and it had the traditional three support legs with a hooded LNBF feed cover. It was pretty clean but I could not see any other size numbers I am familiar seeing on these dishes.

It was not round but rather oval but the it was taller than it was wide. Overall it looked like it was on the order of a 1.0 - 1.2 meter dish but was pushed in on the sides. I once had a 1.0 meter CM and this thing is nothing like it.

The two coax leading away from it had been cut and probably is obtainable.

Anyone know what this dish is and would it make a decent Ku project? I am hoping to set up something better than my 84e.

Without documentation (hint: a picture :rolleyes: ) , I'm going with: optical illusion.
Their round dishes are a little taller than wide.
1.2m = 48x52 round
1.0m = 40x43 round
Maybe it was tilted to an odd elevation, after the wires were cut, which it would never be in for normal operation.

Anole sir,

I hope you are correct. I am pretty sure its not a 1.0 meter and since that only leaves a 1.2. I have been eyeballing some 1.2 images on the web trying to make it a 1.2.

When I rally on my motorcycle, I carry two cameras. Just for you I am going to throw my back up camera in the cage and go back tomorrow and snap off a few pics. Its not too far from me and with some maneuvering, I might be able to get my truck close enough that I can take a measurement. Hmmmmmmm, maybe I should take some tools and a ladder along..........

I'll holler if I need bail money.

Thanks

Tools, you say?
Then, bring home the 12' of pipe while you're at it.!. - :up
Feel free to make it two 6'ers, if ya like. ;)
I'll recommend a hand grinder with a cut-off wheel, for quickest get-away!

Anole,

Here ya are. The dish is still standing and I am going back Monday when the joint is open.

Attachments

• US19 Channel Master 002.jpg
    US19 Channel Master 002.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 201
  • US19 Channel Master 001.jpg
    US19 Channel Master 001.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 201
  • US19 Channel Master 003.jpg
    US19 Channel Master 003.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 215
Classic Channel Master (logo), also known as Andrew, and PrimeStar.
I can't tell the size, but I'll guess 1 meter.
Love the pipe reducer at the top of the pole! - :up
Bring that baby home!

Gary,

Thanks for the link. Very informative. I was especially interested in your comments regarding your comparison between a 1.0 and and a 84e.

I decided to compare signal qualitys between the 1M Channel Master and the Primestar
84E. I used the same LNB (Hughesnet) on both dishes both peaked on AMC-21. The 1M Channel Master was a tad better, but not by much. It only gained 3 points on all but one transponder. Someone has suggested that it is because the dishes are about the same width. I do not know. I don’t understand this. But that were the results. I would say that this is a testimony to a Primestar 84E. It continues to be one great dish.
Since I was looking for a replacement for my 84e, which is on a motor already, I am wondering, why bother? Perhaps I should continue hunting for something larger?

Since I was looking for a replacement for my 84e, which is on a motor already, I am wondering, why bother? Perhaps I should continue hunting for something larger?

If the dish is available for your taking...

I would still get it and save it for future use or find it a home through SatelliteGuys! ;)

The owner would not give the dish up. The search for a suitable 84e replacement continues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts