Channel Master Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pboggs

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Kentucky
In an earlier post I was told I could use Channel Master to back up and edit channel lists from my Coolsat 5000. I downloaded the latest version and got a 9-pin straight serial cable, but as of yet, I haven't been able to figure out how to download the list from the Coolsat to my computer.

If anyone out there could give me a short list of instructions or point me to somewhere where I can download some documentation I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

you have to use the Coolsat loader to upload the channel list. I have it attached. (upzip the file)

-open file
-click at top where it says "channels"
-click "to computer"
-I hit browse to save it on the desktop
-press connect and it should upload the channel list to your computer

then open up channelmaster and there should be an option to "import" and select a ".ndf" option (I dont have CM on this new computer so I'm going off memory)

then open file

Attachments

• CoolSat Pro Loader.zip
    167.5 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Thanks,

I finally got my receiver working the way I wanted, and I wanted to back everything up. The files worked perfectly.

pb

I'm not ready to claim greatness for the CS5000 yet, after playing with it for a day, but it does a lot well. I stiff prefer the Merc II blindscan interface, and ability to single button blindscan without going into the menus.
I DO love the Channel Master compatibility , though. I've loaded and changed , and saved, and reloaded, and had lots of fun along those lines. The video quality is just fine and it handles the motor flawlessly. I still prefer the Merc for feed chasing, even though the CS5000 default blindscan is faster. The CS5000 seems to miss more tp's than the Merc does, so that's a tradeoff, and I can't find any way to configure parameter for the CS5000 blindscan ( step rate, etc ) .
All in all though, a very well spent $46, and the box is a KEEPER .
:)

detail helps with the frequencies nearby (like when there is 1200, 12004, 12008 etc) and the low signal transponders but can be slow.

Slow is okay , sometimes. I'm trying to get the same functionality that I see on the Merc II, i.e. detail scan, normal scan , quick scan. That way I can just go after certain things ( high SR, for example, to identify 4:2:2 and HD feeds , and scan faster than a standard scan). The "ARROW Sideways" is not normal for me yet in the menues. First ran into it on the CS8000, and now the CS5000. Good stuff can be hidden out there .:)
Thanks for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)