Channel Moves?

Mojo Jojo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
US
Okay. So, NASA is going to 286 (from 212). That makes sense due to Dish Earth on 287. 212 NASA just has Migration Channel in the EPG. However, I wonder if this will make room for something like CSPAN 3 or WeatherScan channels. I also wonder if Dish will add it in HD although I would honestly prefer another channel in HD.

What is not making sense to me is Channel 9798 MUSIC. It states: As of Aug 1, enjoy the DISH Music channels in their new locations from channel 923-981.

Are the channels going to a lower package as some are in AT250, or is Dish doing away with the weird Hopper subchannels for these that remind me of QAM cable channels?

Whenever I press INFO on the remote I get:
Watch NASA at its new location on channel 286. As of Aug 8, this will be NASA's permanent channel location. DVR users remember to check your timers.

I also noticed some updates on the site like the Family Pack being renamed to the Smart Pack as previously discussed on here.

You can actually go into Offers on the site and select offers you want along when seeing when your decision is due in taking an offer.

Last edited:
gpollock87 said:
the hub was moved to the top 200 today. i think some new channels should be added to the top 250.

I thought The Hub was added to the Heartland package along with GSN and OWN. I thought that The Hub was still in America's Top 250 (although it is in the Welcome Pack, the Smart Pack, Dish Latino Dos, and the Heartland package as previously mentioned). Is it possible that it is just in free preview right now?

NotMe546 said:
I have 120 and I get the hub (179). :confused:

Do you have the $5 Heartland Package (which has The Hub, OWN, GSN, Baby TV, Pixl, RFD-TV, Rural TV, Hallmark, Hallmark Movie Channel, and gmc)? If not, I am thinking The Hub is in free preview.

I thought The Hub was added to the Heartland package along with GSN and OWN. I thought that The Hub was still in America's Top 250 (although it is in the Welcome Pack, the Smart Pack, Dish Latino Dos, and the Heartland package as previously mentioned). Is it possible that it is just in free preview right now?
moved to the top 200, this was in the pub. basically, the only packages its not in are the top 120 and top 120+,correct?

moved to the top 200, this was in the pub. basically, the only packages its not in are the top 120 and top 120+,correct?
Wow I'm upset. I guess I'm going to call Dish and cancel. I really wanted to be a d-tv customer anyway. :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
Wow I'm upset. I guess I'm going to call Dish and cancel. I really wanted to a d-tv customer anyway. :rolleyes: :D

Dish's number is 1-800-333-3475 and DIRECTV's is 800-DIRECTV.

I always say you need to make the decision to choose the provider who gives you the programming you need. All the best equipment in the world does you no good if you dont have the channels you want to watch on them.

Last edited:
Fox Soccer is still in 250 and not 200, I know many are not soccer fans but that's a favorite of mine. Keeps me at 250

Dish's number is 1-800-333-3475 and DIRECTV's is 800-DIRECTV.

I always say you need to make the decision to choose the provider who gives you the programming you need. All the best equipment in the world does you no good if you dont have the channels you want to watch on them.
I guess you didn't see :rolleyes:. :)

[In my best Colonel Klink voice:] Your are revealing [strike]state[/strike] Pub secrets. Ve have vays of dealing vith this. Ve can revoke your Pub access, you know, leaving you out in ze vast ignorant vastland....... A vastland vith a net of fear..... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)