Channel Numbers and Remote Access

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ps2baseball

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
When I signed up for Dish in August of 2008, I was told the channel numbers would be changing, and that I'd want to focus on the numbers in the 9000's. After two years, I still have multiple channels.

Any idea if this is ever going to be fixed???

It is a real mess. In the Remote Access, some 9000 channels show up. Others don't. ESPN shows as both 140 and 9424. Yet ESPN2 only appears on 144, and 9425 is missing.

NESN SD/HD and Comcast SD/HD are flat out missing from Remote Access.

The problem is I only know the 9000's because that is what I learned and that is what I was told to learn. Yet Dish seems to ignore these channels all together.

When I go into Remote Access, I have to scroll threw a million channels to get to the ones I "know", only to be missing some when I get there.

All of the 9000 channels are mapped down to lower numbers with the channels grouped according to genre.

Lock your receiver and then lock out and hide the 9000 channels.

You can filter out channels on remote access as well. But I'd lock & hide duplicates and unwanted channels on your receiver first.

What about the missing channels?

Should I just start over and use the lower ones? It seems the 9000's get no love from Dish, despite them telling me to use those. What is the point of these?

Email dish and sling if you are missing channels. I wasn't aware there was a Comcast channel that Dish provides. Seems strange to me, IMHO.

Email dish and sling if you are missing channels. I wasn't aware there was a Comcast channel that Dish provides. Seems strange to me, IMHO.

I am not missing channels. My channels are missing from Remote Access.
You ARE missing channels from remote access, according to you, and that's the topic that I was posting about.
:confused:

What channel numbers aren't showing up? Have you checked that you aren't filtering anything out from remote access?

On your receiver you can lock the system, and lock certain channels and hide locked channels from showing up in the guide or searches. Then they won't show up on remote access from my experience. Go to menu-5 for locks and go through each of the options to set how you want (especially option #2, 3, 7, & 8).

It is a real mess. In the Remote Access, some 9000 channels show up. Others don't. ESPN shows as both 140 and 9424. Yet ESPN2 only appears on 144, and 9425 is missing.

Sorry I thought I was clear. I don't have any filters on, as I just activated Remote Access.

My point is the 9000's get no love from Dish - so why do they even exist????

They exist because they are the actual channel numbers sent by Dish. The lower numbers are the mapped down channel number of the same info that is the 9000 range channel.

What channel number is comcast HD or SD that you are not seeing?

Menu - (5) Locks - Enter lock code - (2) Channel Locks - list of all channels to mark those you wish as locked - Done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts