Phone Line Clarification

bcsman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Michigan
I presently have a 301 that I had bought which is activated with Dish service. I have purchased a VIP 211K to activate as a second receiver. I do not have a local network in my house to hook the receivers up and also do not have cable or DSL internet, only dialup. I have a phone line in the room where one of the receivers will be. My question with all these changes since February 1 is should I hook a phone line to the one receiver or am I better off just leaving no connections on either?? Attempting to stay away from the audit calls and would like to hook these up the best way to not get called. So much confusion at least for me on the new changes to phone lines. Thanks!!

If you don't want to get called, hook both up to the phoneline.

If you do get called and both receivers are where they are supposed to be then it shouldn't be a problem if they are not connected.

With millions of customers I doubt you'll get called more than once, if ever.

From reading sounds like they are more concerned about a couple dual tuners with an extra receiver and/or multiple DVR's in the same house.

With the 211K I may consider paying the $40 activation fee and hook a USB drive to it tho..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts