"Channels I *don't* get"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rise&demise

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2010
Carolina
I like to have my favorites list in guide options set to show "Channels I Get". I find it annoying that some channels I don't get also show up on the listing (e.x., the new HD premiums recently added: HBO2eHD, HBOZHD, SBLKHD, etc...). Anyway to change this? A "resend" and "reset" did not do the job. I'm aware that I can create my own custom list but don't want to bother with that. The "Channels I Get" filter is fine for my purposes... just wish it worked better. Thnx.

I like to have my favorites list in guide options set to show "Channels I Get". I find it annoying that some channels I don't get also show up on the listing (e.x., the new HD premiums recently added: HBO2eHD, HBOZHD, SBLKHD, etc...). Anyway to change this? A "resend" and "reset" did not do the job. I'm aware that I can create my own custom list but don't want to bother with that. The "Channels I Get" filter is fine for my purposes... just wish it worked better. Thnx.

It never has worked the way it should.
If you want your channels to be only the ones you get, your best bet is to set up the Custom Guide.

Take 20 minutes and set it up and be done with it.

It never has worked the way it should.
If you want your channels to be only the ones you get, your best bet is to set up the Custom Guide.

Take 20 minutes and set it up and be done with it.

Making your custom list may seem like a hassle at first, but it is worth it in the end. I like to take out all those PPV and those channels that are infomercial channels along with the duplicates of channels such as The 101.

yep. I removed the shopping and dupes of the 101 too...also all those RSN ALt's that are "TBA" for weeks on end ;)

The only problems with a custom list is that you have to know about new channels and add them in and the search and autorecord functions dont follow the custom/favorites list.

Directv could fix this, they simply dont want to. The box clearly knows what channels I'm authorized for, since if I try to watch something I dont subscribe to, it can immediately tell me that I dont have that channel and to call them to add it. At a minimum, they could easily let you edit the 'channels I get' or make the favorites list apply to searches and autorecords as well.

They want you to see channels you dont subscribe to and pay for, on the off chance you'll say "wow, I'd like to watch that show...what? I dont subscribe to it? Oh, well maybe I'll call them up and add it and oh look, they're even giving me the phone number to call on the screen! How handy!!"

Its one of the things I hate about directv: Shoving ppv and premium channels in your face.

Status
Please reply by conversation.