DVR canceling programs by itself!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwardl

Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
TX
Sometimes, my DVR cancels recording by itself. The usual message:

This episode was canceled because it did not match your show type settings in the guide (13)

WHAT show type settings? Not sure what this means. Any ideas? This seems to happen to individual episodes of series programs. Wondering if the program guide is in error, and shows an ep as a rerun when it isn't. Unfortunately, I can't verify this because by the time it's happened, the program guide info for the episode is expired, and no longer visible.

How did you schedule the recording?

Exactly what did the History screen show?

I'm wondering the same thing, myself. I had a similar problem with a boolean searched AutoRecord; I'd get the same message with a bunch of gibberish about match cases. I had to change the boolean search to correct intermittent canceling of recordings.

HR24

Here's a first for me.
Last night I went to watch a recording on the HR24 and it said "Would you like to Delete program ?"

Has anyone had this happen yet ?
I'll keep an eye on it to see if it's a fluke or a problem.

I'm a week into my new service so I'm still learning the behaviors of the dvr.

I had 17 episodes of a show recorded and while in the View Upcoming screen of that program I accidentally stopped all future recordings, I believe it happened by pressing stop twice very quickly.

To rectify that I pressed record 2 times and it seemed that all the future recordings were corrected. By doing that I believe it also reset the recording options to only hold 5 recordings at a time. Went back to my list and only 5 recordings of the show remained.

As far as I can tell there is no way to save a default recording option that differs from directs, meaning each time you make a series recording, you need to adjust settings you don't want.

Starting a show a maximum of 10 minutes early is unfortunate.

Having a limit of 50 series at a time floored me when I got the pop-up.

Most of the issues I saw have workarounds that just require more work so they are not drastic. An amazing benefit I found was that if i had recorded something from 10-11 on a channel and then @ 11:10 I realized I wanted to record the show that started @ 11 on the same channel, it actually recorded from 11 even though during that time I was watching something previously recorded.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)