Channels in Sat 95

Status
Please reply by conversation.

negma

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
My account was on vacation mode due to move and when I scheduled install for all HD AND international in my new place they said I need 2 BIG dishes to accomplish this. I thought (was told during install set up call) I can get everything in one 5 LNB dish. In my new place I can only install ONE DISH on tripod, so I went with international dish and for locals and HD, I am getting cable. Too bad.. I got free 5 LNB upgrade, free HD DVR upgrade and I already have another HD DVR, it would have worked out cheaper + more channels by having all the programming from DIRECTV. Now I will have to wait till they move channels that are in 95. Any news on when they will move channels in 95 to other locations to avoid a second dish?

My account was on vacation mode due to move and when I scheduled install for all HD AND international in my new place they said I need 2 BIG dishes to accomplish this. I thought (was told during install set up call) I can get everything in one 5 LNB dish. In my new place I can only install ONE DISH on tripod, so I went with international dish and for locals and HD, I am getting cable. Too bad.. I got free 5 LNB upgrade, free HD DVR upgrade and I already have another HD DVR, it would have worked out cheaper + more channels by having all the programming from DIRECTV. Now I will have to wait till they move channels that are in 95. Any news on when they will move channels in 95 to other locations to avoid a second dish?

I think the International channels have always been on a separate sat (95 at this time), I have not heard any word about them moving anytime soon.
I would expect that the tech telling you 2 dishes, was correct.
The 5 lnb set up does not hit the 95 location. 99,101,103,110,119

Jimbo

Thanks! But I am sorry...could you please explain that for me?

I was in mood to add linear LNBF for 95W to the slim (AU-9) dish, but didn't that - need some special one, regular (old ) doesn't fit there.

The need for 2 dishes is a real bummer, specially because the 95 is a monster. I can't believe Directv thinks foreigners only watch international channels or we are all Spanish. We want HD and internationals on a single dish, please!

DirecTV has rumored plans to move the internationals to the 119 satellite after they move all HD to the new satellite, and transition all HD customers to the new dishes. This is probably about a year away or so.

Eventually there will be a single dish option for international, but today, you'll need two dishes.

Can we have a little more hope to get internationals and all Hd from a single dish, now that MPEG2 HD are being moved to the new satellites ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WEST DNS

Directv News for August 2008

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)