Channels that try and sell you things....

Joey707

Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
Northern California
Why are there so many channels that try and sell you things late at night? I don't like it. I pay for your Dish service and like to watch movies not this type of stuff. I get enough with commercials. I can't find anything interesting because a lot of my channles are being taken up by channels occupied selling me things. Please lessen it as if I want to buy something I will go watch HSC. Very unhappy customer. :/

Why are there so many channels that try and sell you things late at night? I don't like it. I pay for your Dish service and like to watch movies not this type of stuff. I get enough with commercials. I can't find anything interesting because a lot of my channles are being taken up by channels occupied selling me things. Please lessen it as if I want to buy something I will go watch HSC. Very unhappy customer. :/
FYI, it is the channels themselves that are selling time for infomercials, not Dish.

SatGuys offers Dish service??

Nice first post....

Difference is they pay Dish to be there instead of Dish paying. It allows Dish to have more channels at a lower price. If you look at every other provider, they have them as well.
He's not talking about the shopping channels, he's talking about the late night/early morning infomercials on the regular channels. He even specifically says, "if I want to buy something, I'll watch HSC."

Still, for him to suggest that it's Dish's fault in any way for this, he's not in reality.

Switch to any other cable or satellite company, they don't have any channels with commercials at night. Only Dish does.

He's not talking about the shopping channels, he's talking about the late night/early morning infomercials on the regular channels. He even specifically says, "if I want to buy something, I'll watch HSC."

Still, for him to suggest that it's Dish's fault in any way for this, he's not in reality.

Sorry, I read the tread title and took it for being shopping channels. In the case of infomercials on channels over night, the network is paid to air by the product company. Dish has no control as far as content being shown, except to not renew contract when it come due if they so desire.

You really have no idea how provider services work, do you?

Last edited:

Is this your first time watching TV late at night? There have always been infomercials on in the middle of the night on all kinds of channels. Years ago they use to just go off air and you didn't get to watch anything. If you want to watch movies at night you should either subscribe to some movie channels or get a DVR receiver.

Frankly I think the OP could have done a better job of stating his position. Many of the locals have infomercials in the wee hours and there are quite a few of the non broadcast channels carried by dish that have infomercials as well. I never checked but does dish count the channels that show infomercials 24/7 as part of the channel line up? Qvc, hsn, shopnbc, the true shopping channels are not what I refer too. Not sure where the OP lives but middle of the night TV is awful...he definitely needs a DVR as was suggested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What always amuses me are some of those late night infomercials that sell "adult products" and they try to describe everything in a PG language.

If you look at every other provider, they have them as well.
You are right about this. But I've noticed that both Dish and DirecTV have a lot more shopping and religious channels than cabelcos have. Well at least the cabelcos in my area (Comcast, Brighthouse and WOW!).

alot of the shopping channels on satellite are duplicated across the guide. Same channel may be in the guide 2 or even 3 times

best reason for a favorites list ;)

The guy might as well blame Dish for all of the horrible reality programming, or lousy sitcoms with laugh tracks.

You know how many times customers will call me to switch to Dish or Directv and complain that their previous TV provider shows the same thing over and over?

They think switching will somehow make the channels they watch show different things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)