channels we are missing in High defintion on dish network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It seems that there is HD and then there is HD. Sometimes a program on my local cable looks sharper than when viewed on DISH. That said, I'm a big fan of El Rey and would love that to be HD.

Been gone for while guys, what happened to the Hopper Zone?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tampa: Bluegras, what are you doing?
Bluegras: I was going to request every channe in HD.
Tampa: But you said you weren't going to do that anymore.
Bluegras: Oh, that's right. No more HD channel requests for me.
Well, bluegras never said he wouldn't try to get other people to request HD channels, thus the reason for starting this thread. :D

Well, bluegras never said he wouldn't try to get other people to request HD channels, thus the reason for starting this thread. :D
nope i did not tell you guys to request these channels if you want to go ahead and do it.i just wanted to let you know what channels we are missing from our lineup that we are not getting in HD.

Some of the locals (two here in the Tampa Bay market) are not in HD on Dish, though I suspect they are HD OTA.

One of the Cleveland, Ohio locals is not HD on Dish. (WRLM channel 47) I think the problem in that case is that they put their HD feed on 47-2, while broadcasting their SD feed on 47-1. As a sub-channel, 47-2 does not qualify for "HD carry-one, carry-all." If WRLM would flip-flop their sub-channels, or stop broadcasting a standard-def feed altogether, they would probably be in HD on Dish.

Really, TV Land, you do realize the vast majority (Likely over 90%) of what TVLand airs are shows that were not filmed in HD Widescreen to begin with. There would be no point in it being in HD

There you go Allen .....QVC HD is now live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is wild. QVC is HD and TV Land is still waiting. You would think one of the top cable channels that has original programming in HD and lots of other re-runs in HD would be in HD by now. If you think 90 percent of their programming is not HD, you obviously don't watch the channel at all. I always thought it was going to go HD back when they settled the Viacom dispute. What is the hold up?

Reactions: reddice
That is wild. QVC is HD and TV Land is still waiting. You would think one of the top cable channels that has original programming in HD and lots of other re-runs in HD would be in HD by now. If you think 90 percent of their programming is not HD, you obviously don't watch the channel at all. I always thought it was going to go HD back when they settled the Viacom dispute. What is the hold up?
Yeah, TV Land is a weird case. Last year, there was an unannounced free preview of the standard-def feed of TV Land. For some other channels, this kind of thing happened when the HD feed was about to be launched. But since then...nothing!

Hard to make a direct comparison when QVC pays to be carried, and TVLand charges...

here is a list of channels that we have on dish network and we do not have HD feeds for these channels.

tvgam
pursuit channel
outdoor tv
rest of the movie channels
nasatv
RT
CCNEW
Daystar
EWTN
TBN
INSP
Hillsong
SBN
QVC Plus
Elrey Network
RIDETV
Fusion
FM
Justice Center
GEMS
HSN2
Blazetv
Cspan 1-2
American Hereos Channel
UP
Teenick
Nicktoons
DisneyXD
NickJR
Disney Junior
Great American Country
MTV2
QVC
Evine
Oxygen
POP
Tvland
HSN
JewerlyTv
Classic Arts Showcase
BYUTV
Unbelievable. This is the first I've been to these forums in a while and this the first topic I see.
How many thousands of times are you going to create a thread about what HD Dish does not have? Why not just add an update to one of the other 438,762 threads you previously created about this?
Christ, and could you at least not include the channels that don't even have a HD feed to send out to ANY pay tv provider?

Sent from my LGL82VL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Unbelievable. This is the first I've been to these forums in a while and this the first topic I see.
How many thousands of times are you going to create a thread about what HD Dish does not have? Why not just add an update to one of the other 438,762 threads you previously created about this?
Christ, and could you at least not include the channels that don't even have a HD feed to send out to ANY pay tv provider?
Honestly, what does Jesus Christ have to do with your rather ignorant opinion?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)