Channels

DISH America is available to account with MPEG4 receivers only and this would be eastern arc installs. The packages are listed here for existing customers. This would be an option for and if anyone needs to have the programming switched, please PM me.

So, what's available to people who still have a "gold" account. My mom thinks she has lost Big 10, Animal Planet, and National Geographic (possibly FX also). She doesn't see any of those channels in her "my channels" guide. What channels is she supposed to be getting?

I just found your other post, Charise. Hopefully we will get everything cleared up via PM! Thank you!

What about people in Puerto Rico who had been waiting on Sp 70 of 61.5 to find out 61.5 will not provide anything for us. This is not an HD locals issue, we have that on 119, is being able to receive all the HD channels we don't get because of mixed arc. Why the h...l did E* provide the FCC with Spot 70 on 61.5 to be used for PR with a 17" dish and now they back down??. By the way after 16 years of continued sub to TOP packages and paying 227.00 a month with AEP/DISH Latino, Sports Package, protection plan and receiver fees and who knows what else, I called DISH yesterday and I have 21 days paid in advance and after that it will be a 20.00 package ( so I may use the EHD for HD OTA locals ) No sense in wasting my time and money with this incompetent Company anymore. I HAVE HAD IT WITH DISH. Get the hell out of Puerto Rico if the only thing you provide is FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. No wonder the sub base is stuck at 14 million and going down. With so many people in the brink of loosing their job or have already, their only choice will be to cancel or do a major downgrade. I am not talking of maybe PR, but the USA with all the cuts and tax increases on the horizon the word of day shall be DOWNGRADE or CANCEL.

All DISH is going is promoting good profitable customers and scaring them away. I know they did with me. I will pass this info to al the people I know so they don't fall into the inequality status like I did.

Well, you just like the rest of us have to make decisions in life. You say Dish should get out of Puerto Rico, I say you should get out of Puerto Rico if TV is that important. Whatever the service is, since you don't control it, you make a choice to use it or not. Just switch to one of the better TV services in Puerto Rico.

Well, you just like the rest of us have to make decisions in life. You say Dish should get out of Puerto Rico, I say you should get out of Puerto Rico if TV is that important. Whatever the service is, since you don't control it, you make a choice to use it or not. Just switch to one of the better TV services in Puerto Rico.

I don't need to get out of Puerto Rico. It's easy for you to say since you get what you pay for. I guess you don't care if you go shopping for a dozen eggs at $ 3.00 a dozen and get 7 for same three dollars. I really don't care whatever the F..K you want to say but this does not show any goodwill on the part of DISH and all of us who had been waiting for E16 to compliment our lineup for years. Keep in mind that many, many had been waiting for this move for years. I guess they don't care much about it's customer base here.

As far as you are concerned, I don't give a S..T what you think either.

Last edited:
Dish is still the best provider in PR. Best quality, equipment, and channel lineup by far. If only they provided an internet partner here.

Dbs2000 I like anyone else have to make choices. I pay a very high state income tax, high vehicle taxes along with some of the higher gas prices in the Country. OR make the choice to pemanantly move to Florida with no state income tax and no vehicle taxes. You have the same choice. Use what is the best provider in PR or switch to one you think is better. OR move somewhere that Dish serves better. It's right to complain but on the end it's their company.

In the end I am paying for less eggs in Ct. We all make choices.

Getting back to the point of the thread, does Dish America include your RSN? Is somebody going to have a problem getting it with an activation only account?

I wish the RSN wasn't always the cause of so much confusion. In a way, I wish they would pull them from everyone then put a surcharge of a few bucks as an option for who wants their RSN regardless of their package. Yes, I know it wouldn't cause the bills of everyone else to drop. It would add for a bit more customization and could eliminate such confused customers. Pay the surcharge and you'll have it. Don't pay it and you want.

You Realize Dish wants to do just that. RSN's refuse.

Yeah. I realize it. What keeps it from happening is that the RSN knows there'd be too many people dropping if it wasn't forced down our throats in a "basic" package because a good number wouldn't pay the price they would probably require.

I live in Georgia and I mean, I watch the Braves but only when an ESPN or national game on FOX isn't on. I would not pay extra for FSN South unless it was required for the Falcons or Panthers (which it is not).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)