SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
Am about to purchase this setup from primefocus.com:

Chapparal Corotor II+
Eagle Aspen .6 Ku LNB
Chaparral 20 deg Digital Micro C band LNB

Comes in a package like this, all LNB's included.

1. Now is this a good setup and would it give me decent KU?

2. Is there a trick to replacing my current feedhorn with this one? Any hard techniques/steps/reprogramming?

I am currently using my FTA dish to get KU but it gets annoying having to swith polarities.

Thanks for any input.

Am about to purchase this setup from primefocus.com:

Chapparal Corotor II+
Eagle Aspen .6 Ku LNB
Chaparral 20 deg Digital Micro C band LNB

Comes in a package like this, all LNB's included.

1. Now is this a good setup and would it give me decent KU?

2. Is there a trick to replacing my current feedhorn with this one? Any hard techniques/steps/reprogramming?

I am currently using my FTA dish to get KU but it gets annoying having to swith polarities.

Thanks for any input.

Hi jself,

This is the exact same setup that I am using on my 10 footer.

Both of these LNBS will do a more than adequate job. I get decent KU signal when the wind isn't blowing above 20Mph. :D

The trick with replacing any feedhorn is to get it perfectly centered to the middle of the dish from any point on the outside rim, measured from at least 4 points. Then make sure the F/D ratio is set properly, and the focal depth is the right distance about 1/8 to 1/4 inch inside the mouth of the center piece of the horn.

You also need a receiver that can change polarity on a Co-Rotor II. Like a Pansat 3500 or 2700, or the more expensive Manhattans.

Hope that helps,

Fred

This is what I need for 4dtv too correct?

My 10' mesh has 1 arm going to the middle not 4 like some I have seen too. Does that matter?

Also I have read about the feedhorns being turned or rotated...does this apply to me or do I just put it in the same exact way, shape, form as the feed horn I have now?

The one arm sticking out from the middle is still a Prime Focus type dish, and yes, I would have the LNB's etc rotated like they are now for starters.

Yes, I am told the Chaparrel C-Band LNB works great for 4DTV, I have not heard about the Eagle Aspen for 4DTV.

I don't have a 4DTV receiver, but others can chime in here.

don't forget to water seal and tighten well the polarity wires and stuff. My dad had his connections soldered under those wire nuts and elastromeric clear caulking (or those rubber boots) around coax connections also they have those little circle shaped wire splicers combiners whatever you call em, they have water resistant grease in them and you put the wires in and squeeze it .

Hi, last year I did (nearly) the same as you. I got a 10foot mesh winegard dish, and bought the combo feedhorn+2lnbs. (I have eagle aspens for c AND ku)

The lnbs are considered cheapies, but I gotta admit I'm happy. I've been using it for 4dtv.

And this month I've hooked up a coolsat5000 and things are working great. The signals are strong enough that I can find nearly anything I'm looking for.

In all, a good deal, for a good price.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)