Charlie Chat Caps and Bytes 12-10-07

Also. Everytime they say they are the leader in HD, I wanna reach through my tv and bitchslap them.

If they would just tell us their plans to compete with D* I wouldn't care. But they are acting like D* isn't stomping them right now.

Wow why did they bother with that... Nothing new and full of worthless ADs about the companies sling box. They might as well rename the hour to "Charlie's hour of ads"

Also. Everytime they say they are the leader in HD, I wanna reach through my tv and bitchslap them.

If they would just tell us their plans to compete with D* I wouldn't care. But they are acting like D* isn't stomping them right now.

He is acting like there is no Direct tv..."Nobody does HD better"....WTF? Is he living in his own world or what?

I can't believe the only new HD local market in Pennsylvania is going to be Erie. What's wrong with Scranton? (DirecTV is getting Scranton for sure, and possibly as early as the first week of January according to one source.)

Looks like Erie to me as well. W-B/Scranton would be nice, seeing how D* is supposed to have it by mid-2008 if you look at the press releases (or as soon as 1/3/2007 depending on the source you look at and how much you trust it.) This will be the deciding factor on whether I jump ship - if I can drop Comcast lifeline which I currently have for HD locals, I'll actually be ahead price-wise to switch AND will have much more HD (sorry Poke, I appreciate your optimism, but it's more than just a "few" HD channels defining the gap at the current time).

Texas ... maybe Midland / Odessa and Lubbock from the looks of it...add my guess's

Attachments

• Texas.JPG
    Texas.JPG
    4 KB · Views: 115
  • Texas mapped HD.JPG
    Texas mapped HD.JPG
    5.5 KB · Views: 112
This was the most boring Charlie Chat that I have ever watched. I know people say they are all boring but I have been watching them for years this takes the cake.

Yeah me too my eyes were glued to the SatGuys chat even though I had to restart a few times just to get in.

I can't believe people are putting stock into that map. It's clearly no an indicator of anything other than what 100 dots look like overlaid on a US map with no regard for actual geography.

The idea that Wyoming, the Dakota's, and 2 Montana DMAs are getting HD local while a decently large market like Tucson, AZ isn't planned is absurd.

I can't believe people are putting stock into that map. It's clearly no an indicator of anything other than what 100 dots look like overlaid on a US map with no regard for actual geography.

The idea that Wyoming, the Dakota's, and 2 Montana DMAs are getting HD local while a decently large market like Tucson, AZ isn't planned is absurd.

Not so absurd...I live in the 6th largest DMA and there were several smaller DMA's that got their HD local before we did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)