Charlie Chat Caps and Bytes 12-10-07

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
True, but E* hasn't added anything at 61.5, nor have we heard any plans to do so. E3 has been there for ages, and E12/R1 was there when E* acquired the assets of Rainbow DBS. Since 129 isn't truly CONUS, and space was available at 61.5 that could server those who can't see 129, why not use it. After all, R1 was designed for that slot, and unless it has steerable spots it has to stay where it is. E3 is so old, there's no good reason to move it, assuming it would survive the move.

Using what's already in place at the wing slots makes sense. Adding something new doesn't.

I'm pretty sure the 129 slot itself (and for that matter 105) is truly CONUS (in terms of most people having a plausible look angle if they don't live in a giant redwood forest), it's just that because E5 wasn't designed for the slot people in the east coast are outside of the signal contours for acceptable reception with a Dish 1000.

I'm pretty sure the 129 slot itself (and for that matter 105) is truly CONUS (in terms of most people having a plausible look angle if they don't live in a giant redwood forest), it's just that because E5 wasn't designed for the slot people in the east coast are outside of the signal contours for acceptable reception with a Dish 1000.

Don't know about that. for me in central PA, the elevation angle is 18 degrees. In Boston, it's less than 15. In parts of Maine, it's barely 13 degrees. In any case, those are pretty low - at 18 degrees I can forget about trees since I'm shooting at the side of a mountain!

I'm willing to bet that there are several reasons for the ambiguous map. They wanted to clearly show 100 dots, so where they had markets within 100 miles (about the size of a dot), they moved one. Also, they probably have not finalized anything yet. I know the map shows two in South Dakota, but if we have two, they would be Sioux Falls and Rapid City. The map shows two in the east, so I'm betting the northmost one represents Sioux Falls, while the southmost one actually represents Sioux City, IA which is 90 miles away.

Still being made and sold as well. I wonder what the percentage of 720p sets is.

I'm guessing 720p LCD's outnumber the 1080i/1080p televisions in use since the 720p LCD's are pretty inexpensive.

What a waste of Charlie Chat this month - way too much noise (promos for various channels, promos for DISH Network services like DISH HD and DISH DVR) compared to signal (actually answering a lot of questions, DISH new channels, upcoming planned channels and locals with SD or HD services to be launched, even a launch estimate of when the first of the few new DISH birds is going to happen). I think it's the fastest CC I've watched on my DVR since I skip over the noise looking for the signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)