Charlie Chat Caps and Bytes 12-10-07

Was it just me or Charlie didn't show any interest in last night's chat? He looked tired and disinterested.

I agree, he looked like there was about a million other places he would rather be. Since I pay him over $130 bucks a month, I hate to be such a waste of his time.:(

I've just gone through 8 pages of this thread and 90% of it has to do with the silly map E*'s marketing department so poorly represented. A simple "listing" of planned cities would have sufficed. Let's move on everybody and talk about the lack of substance in the whole program.

How about the substantive stuff along the lines of:
- new birds in the air; confirm some dates so we know when E* can compete again with D
- Pocket Dish; or at least it's Archos replacement; looks like they missed the holiday season for it's introduction
- Any Software upgrades and what we can expect from them

I'm sure this technically proficient audience can think of many others. I came out of this Chat with good Sling Box information, but that was it. Maybe waiting till March for the next Chat is too soon if all they're going to provide is small talk and ads.

CC are not intended for us tech types, never have been really, I haven't watched one for several years. You'll get more accurate and timely information here.

NightRyder

Charlie Chat is Not the Place for Tech Stuff - This Site IS!

NightRyder: I understand your point. I didn't think my expectations were unrealistic (not your words, mine). It's just that there really is enough time to put together a show that will hit the mark with some information for the tech type. He's surrounded by capable people.

As you can tell by the number of posts, I don't correspond much even though I've been part of this site for Two years. It is the source of nearly ALL of my HD background and configuration knowledge. You long time members that take the time to address many of these threads with your terrific knowledge base, are greatly appreciated by guys like me who watch and learn, everyday.

Thanks!

I hope they launch Orlando HD locals soon so I can "move" to get all of the networks. Right now I get ABC and CBS. FOX is in and out and there is no NBC in my market (Gainesville, FL).

Hmmm...

I would hardly say a beaten man. According to Forbes he is worth approximately 8 billion and makes Rupert look like a pauper at 2 billion.

Should change name from Charlie Chat to Special ED

When Charlie started the chat by problaiming nobody does HD better, I almost picked up the phone to call D*.

Instead I opened my E* bill I got a few days ago to find discount

1 of 6 $20 HD discount
2 of 6 $20 HD discount

Theyre giving me 6 free months of HD for no reason? that's strange. anyone else have this in their bill?

Anyway, they got me for 6 more months. I guess I'll put up with the SUB-Standard Definition NHL CI for another season and avoid future charlie chats:eek:.

This is the first time Ive watched clips of charlie chat. I have to praise them for being so open and filling in their customers and answering questions. On the other hand this is a weekly thing? Thats probably why its so boring. How could you possibly put out earth shattering news every week? You guys need to clam down, you don't have it so bad. At least you have lines of communication and Dish will catch up eventually. Directv has NOTHING like that and doesnt want to hear customer complaints.

This is the first time Ive watched clips of charlie chat. I have to praise them for being so open and filling in their customers and answering questions. On the other hand this is a weekly thing? Thats probably why its so boring. How could you possibly put out earth shattering news every week?
No, they have a Charlie Chat every other month skipping a few sometimes. On the alternate months they have a Tech Chat that is more Tech related.
You guys need to clam down, you don't have it so bad. At least you have lines of communication and Dish will catch up eventually. Directv has NOTHING like that and doesnt want to hear customer complaints.
Actually I think this might be changing...:)

It sure looks like either the dot was wrong; or freaking Terre Haute is getting HD before us. And don't give me that OTA crap I didn't get a satellite dish so I can install some huge antenna.

It sure looks like either the dot was wrong; or freaking Terre Haute is getting HD before us. And don't give me that OTA crap I didn't get a satellite dish so I can install some huge antenna.

I agree it looks like Terre Haute; not Indy, but who knows? It's only been since May 2006 when all the stations were uplinked and then taken down in November 2006. Something smells and it's not Terre Haute this time. BTW, I have an OTA antenna, but am having problems with channels 13 and 20 now.

Ha ha. Yeah I guess I don't understand how you can have standard def locals, and can't come to a carriage agreement for HD locals. But, what do I know. I am the idiot that has to adjust his rabit ears everytime Smallville comes on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)